CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper Tips

COD Forums to discuss Black Ops 2, Black Ops, MW3, MW2 and other Call of Duty games

Rep Points: 35
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    09:22 PM

Sniper Tips

P3S: No not PS3 spelles wrong, P3S is a term I like to use for "Pick Three Spots." Each map try to find three spots that allows you to dispatch the enemy without giving notice to your location.

So many times do I see snipers hiding in positions and trying to kill people, then I see them again down the road and they changed their style. I firmly believe in focusing on your technique, and learning from what you did wrong. Unless you are sitting in the middle of the road trying to shoot people with a sniper rifle, you are already doing something right. Don't become discouraged if what starting off you die a lot. Stick with it, and soon you will be that "pain in the ass" the other team hates.

Each map offers many different areas to snipe from, just because you aren't in the IMMEDIATE action, doean't mean the action won't start coming your way. You will have to learn to get a feel from the other team. I notice a lot of times snipers in positions that are generic "sniper positions" trust me when I tell you this, people know where you are in these spots. Try to find original spots, and be sure not to "camp" if you are playing a game that allows kill cam. Try to rotate. Remember to use P3S.

I think finding a clan was the best thing I have ever done. When you are a rogue sniper, you find yourself on the respawn screen a lot. Why? Because no one communicates that you are coming to get whacked, or tells you which way they are pushing the enemy. I enjoy my clan because they communicate so well that I know almost every time where the enemy is going to come from and I am able to anticipate when to shoot.

When you find a position, try to focus the task at hand and keep yourself in cover as much as possible. I know this seems like a dumb tip, however when I am able to see 1/18th of your helmet in my sites I consider you dead. So be sure to find positions that can cover you more than you cover them.

A lot of people that I watch play are trying to lead an opponent that is running. Fortunately for everyone on this game you don't need to lead the bullets so they will meet your enemy. You can lead them a little bit, but I find that once you get them in the cross-hair don't hesitate and pull the trigger.

Headshots as a sniper will come, I promise, but if you focus on trying to get them throughout the whole game you are done for. 1. Unless you are REALLY good and hit the headshots, you will run out of ammo quickly. 2. If you miss you have to fire again, if you miss again you have to fire again, if you miss again you are dead.

As a sniper you get to see the world from a distance, which thus allows you to adapt faster than your infantry run-n-gun friends. If you see on the HUD enemy stragglers are trying to flank your team, then move into a position that lets you intercept them, or lets you cover your mates.

The last free tip I am going to give is respect. Respect everything you do. Snipers are the ones who channel themselves into a single moment and relieves the world of another un-expecting victim. Your job is to kill at a distance, not get into a lobby and start gloating because you had 0 deaths and XX amount of kills. Also respect that you aren't the best sniper in the game, you will always be second to someone because that is just how life works. Respect yourself, don't become discouraged or frustrated because you are struggling, this is only a game, and I promise if you practice you will become good.

Thank you for your time hope this helps all you snipers out there.....Shmo

Sniper101

CAG Dogg Level: 28 [?]
    Experience: 163,075
    Next Level: 195,661

Rep Points: 85
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

Re:Sniper Tips

Great tips man. I'll definitely be trying these out today,
    camping

CAG Dogg Level: 35 [?]
    Experience: 724,296
    Next Level: 824,290

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    02:22 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Schmo, I could not of written a better set of tips man. When you first joined CAG I would smile during games because of the way you communicated during matches. Your communication skills have always been 2nd to none and your patience unparalleled by others. I consider myself a very good Marksman but an Elite Sniper I am not. You are as close as it gets to Elite status for gaming Snipers.

What Marksman and Snipers do also is help everyone set up and cover all avenues of approach; every possible entry, route or passage way to the area we set up to defend, and lay down suppressive fire for any Infantry Units to move around and assault the enemy.

As I have posted before, selective shooting is also something everyone should understand. Unless you are a Sniper or a Designated Marksman, choose your targets wisely and only fire if you have a sure kill to avoid giving your position away. If you know someone else has a better angle, use your communication skills and let that person or persons know of the enemies position. Don't be greedy ,work as a "Team" and avoid the thinking of yourself mentality. There is no point in having 21 kills when you also died 15 times. That means you only had 6 kills when you really think about, but you gave the enemie 15 free kills. Keep your deaths low, selective shooting will do just that.

There is never any reasonable justification for anyone to finish a match with more deaths that kills. Move with your Unit and always let everyone know where exactly it is that you are at and what you are able to see. We are going to start assigning everyone "AORs"; area of responsibility, and everyone needs to stay withing that area at all times. This will give everyone a better idea of where it was that someone went down to be able to cover that area from a distance while we regroup and set up according to game plan once again.

As Clan Members we must all learn to keep our composure and avoid getting frustrated because you are getting no action. You might not see any action for longer than 2 minutes sometimes, but that second you decide to move will give the enemy just enough time to blow your head off. Avoid excessive movement and maintain yourselves stationary as much as possible. Always practice "Tactical Order" when moving to your "AOR". If you do not understand "Tactical Order", ask me what it is and I will gladly explain it to you. Everyone was asked this question when filling out the new Member and recruit form and unless you answered "no" that you do not understand what it is, I expect everyone to use it.

Well, I did not mean to step on SCHMO's toes and overtake his thread, but as Leader of the Clan I must act like one and always address the Clan with my expectations. I do have higher than normal expectations, that is no secret, but I know that following structure will always yield positive results.

Thank you all for your time and do not hesitate to comment or ask questions.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 284,004,900
    Next Level: 305,690,101

This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

yea at first i had trouble doing the whole...staying back and stuff till i found good spots then getting kills whitout giving them up was easy... all we gotta do iw work as a team communicate and have fun no matter if were winning or loosing......it's not the last game, there are plenty more, you win sum you loose sum when you loose i hope you look at it as sumthing you learned...maybe i shouldn't be here or there....just have fun and work together

Sniper101

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

Yeah, I have tons of patience and I don't like running and gunning, so either way I benefit from my patience.
    cag clan cheechdogg

This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

I'm a bit impatient, but playing with Cheech has taught me much more patience.
    camping

CAG Dogg Level: 35 [?]
    Experience: 724,296
    Next Level: 824,290

This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

i was damn good b4 i started playing with CAG but now....10x better alot better k/d being pacient

lol

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

Just remember that good things come to those that wait. For me, only good things come, and in bunches!
    cag clan cheechdogg

Rep Points: 1659
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Regular

Damn, good tips.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
    The Marines don't have that problem." PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

CAG Dogg Level: 38 [?]
    Experience: 1,262,261
    Next Level: 1,460,206

This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt