CAG COD 1st Brigade
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Publisher 'Keenly Aware' of Battle Royale Success

News Feed directly from IGN.com and N4G for the latest news on all the latest games, reviews, previews and release dates!

Rep Points: 335
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:44 PM
    Administrator

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Publisher 'Keenly Aware' of Battle Royale Success

Activision has noted the success of games like PUBG and Fortnite, and the popularity of the battle royale genre.

Activision is said to be "keenly aware" of the successful battle royale formula of games like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and Fortnite.
    The*Dow Jones Newswire*reports that, following a meeting between Activision Blizzard and its investment firm Oppenheimer, Activision is reportedly "keenly aware of how other game publishers have recently benefited from releasing titles in
    'battle royale' genre.
    "Management reminded investors that the company is a faster follower," Oppenheimer continued.
    While not an exact announcement, the implication here is that we may see some kind of battle royle mode make its way into an Activision franchise (or appear via a new game). Likely candidates would undoubtedly include the company's upcoming 2018 title, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which was announced last week*with very few details beyond the announcement of Treyarch's return to the well-received Call of Duty subseries.
    Continue reading…

More...

CAG Dogg Level: 49 [?]
    Experience: 9,949,177
    Next Level: 10,000,000

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    Leader and Founder of CAG

This mode was better known as "Last Man Standing" especially in Ghost Recon games and now they are making it like it's "the new thing" ... this is exactly why games today are complete shit ...
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 280,024,522
    Next Level: 305,690,101

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 7285
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    08:44 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CAG CheechDogg View Post
    This mode was better known as "Last Man Standing" especially in Ghost Recon games and now they are making it like it's "the new thing" ... this is exactly why games today are complete shit ...
    Amazing how that shit works. Let’s repackage something. And try to pass that shut off as new and improved! Then we can charge double and some dumb ass 12 year old is going to get his or her parents to buy it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 38 [?]
    Experience: 1,216,798
    Next Level: 1,460,206

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tosya89 View Post
    Amazing how that shit works. Let’s repackage something. And try to pass that shut off as new and improved! Then we can charge double and some dumb ass 12 year old is going to get his or her parents to buy it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what is happening... this was in games over 10 years ago almost 15 lol ... this new generation of gamers wouldn't even remember what it was... but maybe this will change the way games are made... COD really fucked up online gaming

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    cag clan cheechdogg

Rep Points: 11172
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    09:44 PM

I believe in the concept if its not broke don't fix it and thats whats happened my favorite multiplayer games

Halo 3 was everything to me (hell almost cost me my marriage lol) had tactical play, you had to have some skill, and the game types were everything to me. Then they did the bullshit known as 4 & 5

COD MW3 and BLOPS was near perfection for me as well and it seems like they haven't been able to fix what they broke since.

CAG Dogg Level: 24 [?]
    Experience: 67,147
    Next Level: 79,247

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tac Wop Tic View Post
    I believe in the concept if its not broke don't fix it and thats whats happened my favorite multiplayer games

Halo 3 was everything to me (hell almost cost me my marriage lol) had tactical play, you had to have some skill, and the game types were everything to me. Then they did the bullshit known as 4 & 5

COD MW3 and BLOPS was near perfection for me as well and it seems like they haven't been able to fix what they broke since.
    The game modes in every COD really changed a lot .... if search and destroy had longer rounds i would play that all day... i dont like respawns fucking hate it ... a search and rescue would be good too

cag clan cheechdogg

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Americas Army on Xbox 1st gen was a bad ass game ... they need to take a look at that game

cag clan cheechdogg

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2