CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: TTP Thread - St Quentin

Discuss the Battlefield 1 Regiment of CAG's Battlefield Brigade here

Stud
    Rep Points: 670
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:01 AM

TTP Thread - St Quentin

Hi all,

I was looking around for some examples of map graphics etc, and there isn't a massive amount on the internet so I figured I'd start a series of threads for each map, starting off with a couple of graphics and some tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) discussion.

This post has got a map with the objective names for Conquest overlaid onto the map to help orientation. The next post will be an example of some tactics that I've seen used on this map by a squad that completely owned it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I should die, think only this of me. That there's some corner of a foreign field. That is Forever England.
    --- Rupert Brooke (1887-1915) --

CAG Dogg Level: 25 [?]
    Experience: 84,032
    Next Level: 100,000

Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 24th, 2024
    Local Time

Okay, I watched a squad absolutley own this map the other night. Here's how they did it.

At the start of the game, most of the squad just hoofed it towards D (Townhouse), with one of them bringing up the rear in a tank. This is the arrow marked '1'.

Once the main squad had taken the objective,they carried on sweeping around B (Monastery) completely and moving round to the back of A (Burning Mill) and attacking it from the rear
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I should die, think only this of me. That there's some corner of a foreign field. That is Forever England.

Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 24th, 2024
    Local Time

In the meantime, the tank left at D was busy demolishing most of the buildings surrounding it.

As the main squad then moved in towards B (Monastery) from the east - arrow 3, one of them (a sniper) peeled off to the south and took up position half way between B and D (arrow 4) while the tank that was at D moved in towards B from the west.

By this time, the squad had taken 3 objectives, and defended A and D as required. They centralised on B, which they defended fairly easily due to the high ground, and moved to either A or D. The sniper seemed to remain in position most of the time, spotting for B and D, and when the squad did move out from B they left a man behind to provide early warning of attack if the sniper missed anything. Objective A (Burning Mill) was the point most often attacked - it's closest to the enemy spawn after all. Several times, the squad retreated from A back to B to regroup and defend before re-attacking A. They only had to go back and take D once which was fairly easy as there was no cover left there (the tank had destroyed most of it).

The whole game, the squad centralised on B, and moved out to only A and D as required. They never went near the north end of the map. Eventually, another squad formed a snipers' nest in F (Windmill) and owned the other two points (E and C) from there. The squad leader was quick to give objectives, and the sniper and man left behind obviously knew in advance to ignore the orders and stay on point.

The squad wasn't the highest scoring individuals, nor did they have the highest K/D. But they absolutely owned the map between them, leaving the other squads to battle over the rest. A really good example of how one squad, working together properly, can control 50% of the map fairly effortlessly.

4. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to BelgianExile For This Fucking Post:

CAG Archangel (December 9th, 2016),CAG JB (December 9th, 2016),StormySGT ELIAS (December 9th, 2016)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 202743
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 24th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:01 AM
    XBOX One Division Member

I like this idea...good job Belgian...good thread.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 52 [?]
    Experience: 14,063,547
    Next Level: 16,259,327

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5