Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Suggestions For Boxing Gloves

Discuss all the different workouts regarding fitness and health here

Lady
    Rep Points: 565
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time
    07:23 PM

Suggestions For Boxing Gloves

So I was curious if anyone here does boxing and knows some good gloves to use on heavy weighted bags, I was using some of basic kickboxing ones and my knuckles are now torn up and swollen. I'm not doing this as a sport or to compete if that matter it's apart of my daily workouts with a person trainer.

Any if you have any tips just let me know!

CAG Dogg Level: 23 [?]
    Experience: 52,187
    Next Level: 62,494

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 17320
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:23 PM

This is probably a stupid question to ask but are you wrapping your hands before putting on the gloves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 44 [?]
    Experience: 3,661,449
    Next Level: 4,297,834

3. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Ghost For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (October 3rd, 2016)

Lady
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time

My trainer did it for me but maybe it wasnt done enough :/ so if you got any advice on that let me know lol my hands are pretty beat up

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 17608
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:23 PM
    XBOX One Division Member

Quote Originally Posted by NibblesTheFiend View Post
    My trainer did it for me but maybe it wasnt done enough :/ so if you got any advice on that let me know lol my hands are pretty beat up
    old school remedy is to soak hands in the hottest salted water you can stand to toughen the skin, thereby decreasing the chance of bruised and swollen skin tissue. Boxer's hand however do hurt from continuous repeatedly punching.

CAG Dogg Level: 41 [?]
    Experience: 2,406,308
    Next Level: 2,530,022

6. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to XERXXISS For This Fucking Post:

Ghost (October 3rd, 2016),NibblesTheFiend (October 3rd, 2016)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 17320
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:23 PM

As far as the gloves go it's always a personal preference. 3 questions you should ask yourself when picking a new glove are...
    Which one is most comfortable? (Do you have the right size for your hands and that includes some space for the wrap you will have on your hands)
    Is the weight just right? (That means not too heavy but too light is not ok either)
    And do you have enough cushion for what your doing?

As far as the wrap goes, the only advice I can give you is to find the longest wrap you can that has the most elasticity. If you are going to regular sports stores you'll find "Everlast". The gloves are good but the wraps are horrible.

For personal reference, when your trainer is wrapping you and they ask you if that's ok at the end, you want to make sure that your knuckles and especially your wrist definitely have to be extremely wrapped. And you want it a bit tight because as your are training and sweating it will loosen up some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 44 [?]
    Experience: 3,661,449
    Next Level: 4,297,834

8. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Ghost For This Fucking Post:

NibblesTheFiend (October 3rd, 2016)

Lady
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time

Thank you both for the advice!

I was thinking about using epsom salt to get down the swelling at least for tonight since at this point I cant make a fist with my right hand. Is it normal for your non-dominant hand to get hurt more? I'm a lefty but other then for torn skin and small bruises my left hand fine. I might try salt water for next time after the open wounds heal because to be honest im wimping out of that idea right now lol I don't want it to burn.

The kick boxing gloves weren't enough padding for sure so i will probably go with the most padding possible unless thats some how bad to do? I'm going to go buy some actual boxing gloves this weekend and get some wrap to practice doing it myself to get more familiar with it. But not sure how weighted they should be tbh, only weighted thing I have ever had to buy was a custom weighted tennis racket lol so might take trial and error over a few years unless you can give me tips on what to go off of.

By the way anyone know a good brand for wraps because I can easily just buy it online if i know what i'm looking for

+ Post New Thread