CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Battlefield 1 Update

The CAG Army's Headquarter Discussion Forums

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    10:09 AM
    Co-Leader

Battlefield 1 Update

Published on 17th May 2016

Battlefield 1 UPDATE: EA talk PS4 and Xbox One content and Battlefield 3 remaster

BATTLEFIELD 1 is set to excel on Xbox One and PS4 due to its unique content, while the door is now open for EA to consider remastering Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 1's WW1 was originally rejected by EA, who are also open to remastering Battlefield 3

Battlefield 1's WW1 was originally rejected by EA, who are also open to remastering Battlefield 3

The game’s official trailer revealed a WWI setting, something that EA wasn't completely comfortable with at first.

EA Studios boss Patrick Soderlund says he rejected the idea due to the gameplay mechanics involved, telling investors: “If you look at what other partners in the industry are doing, they're going into sci-fi; we've had a lot of success in the modern military space. But we felt like there was a need for a change."

"When the team presented the idea to me of World War 1, I absolutely rejected it," he added. "I said World War 1, it's trench warfare; it can't be fun to play."

This stance changed over time, with Soderlund revealing a firm support of the direction DICE has taken with Battlefield

Speaking to IBT, Soderlund went further on the content heading to Xbox One and PS4, including Battlefield’s main selling point - vehicles.

"Vehicles generally are where we've taken some of the biggest leaps in the game,” he said.

“We even have horses in the game, mountable things, it's crazy! We have probably the biggest ships we've ever had in Battlefield before.

Soderlund has also opened the door to a possible Battlefield 3 remaster project, as long as there is demand for such a thing.

"I wouldn't say never. We're not doing it right now, we're focused on Battlefield 1 – but if we think the fans want that I see no reason we couldn't," he added.
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 49,237,791
    Next Level: 55,714,302

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 11110
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:09 AM

Awe man the remastered BF3 that would be out fucking standing.

CAG Dogg Level: 54 [?]
    Experience: 21,656,879
    Next Level: 22,308,442

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Tell me about it,miss those crazy Bf3 days.Enjoyed a lot of games back then.An remastered Grand Bazzar,Canals or sienne crossing would be pretty good
    CAG JB

4. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

Destroyer ned (June 28th, 2016)

Rep Points: 24180
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:09 AM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

All the BF news coming out is just trumping the previous reports. It's crazy. I just hope the game turns out to be what were thinking it can be.

CAG Dogg Level: 42 [?]
    Experience: 2,614,429
    Next Level: 3,025,107

6. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG NIGHTHAWK For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (June 26th, 2016)

Stud
    Rep Points: 7840
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time

We all are hoping this. Whoever stuck to their guns to move forward with WW1 was amazing. What an incredible time in history. It really is a war where the old meets the new. I can't wait for this release and play this game with my CAG family from the beginning.

CAG Dogg Level: 38 [?]
    Experience: 1,335,736
    Next Level: 1,460,206

8. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to FrankCastle For This Fucking Post:

Destroyer ned (June 28th, 2016)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 11110
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CAG JB View Post
    Tell me about it,miss those crazy Bf3 days.Enjoyed a lot of games back then.An remastered Grand Bazzar,Canals or sienne crossing would be pretty good
    I remember we had a CAG squad joined a game the the team we got put on was down by like 300 tickets and came to win by 59 or so lol awe good times.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 54 [?]
    Experience: 21,656,879
    Next Level: 22,308,442

10. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to pisspawz For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (June 29th, 2016)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Il never forget that game man we ended up pushing them back as far as their spawn and holding them there the rest of the game.
    CAG JB

12. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

Destroyer ned (June 30th, 2016),FrankCastle (June 30th, 2016)

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8