CAG COD 1st Brigade
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COD Recruitment 101

Recruitment HQ for CAG: All conversations regarding our recruitment efforts will be here.

Hybrid View

Rep Points: 79825
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    12:52 AM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

COD Recruitment 101

This thread is for recruitment on COD. Q&A and ideas can be posted in here. I know a lot of us have recruitment threads in forums but I want to update everyone to start posting or creating your own threads on recruitment forums. It not only helps each member to have someone to play with but also helps us grow as a clan. I look forward to seeing the websites and/or threads that people will start to create. I will also continue to bump the threads.
    Thank you

CAG Dogg Level: 49 [?]
    Experience: 9,721,987
    Next Level: 10,000,000

2. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to xPARCHx For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (March 18th, 2016)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 50
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:52 AM

Tips:

- Play in game chat and go with a party of 4. Look for people who are actively playing the objective or "communication". Once you grab two invite them to a party. Play few games then (throw the bait), tell them about CAG in the "simplest" way possible. This method has worked for me in the past and I'm almost certain works 90% of the time. Now to do this method it can cause issues since you could lose games or what not if the other two don't listen.

- When doing recruitment threads. I wouldn't use long paragraphs per say just like I said above keep it stupid simple. Not all gamers who look for clans are gonna sit their and read. Some do but I would keep it under 2 paragraphs.

That's my advice to you guys looking to grow Alpha / Bravo.

'Duken Out

CAG Dogg Level: 57 [?]
    Experience: 34,679,961
    Next Level: 35,467,816

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 15145
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time
    11:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Randuken View Post
    Tips:

- Play in game chat and go with a party of 4. Look for people who are actively playing the objective or "communication". Once you grab two invite them to a party. Play few games then (throw the bait), tell them about CAG in the "simplest" way possible. This method has worked for me in the past and I'm almost certain works 90% of the time. Now to do this method it can cause issues since you could lose games or what not if the other two don't listen.

- When doing recruitment threads. I wouldn't use long paragraphs per say just like I said above keep it stupid simple. Not all gamers who look for clans are gonna sit their and read. Some do but I would keep it under 2 paragraphs.

That's my advice to you guys looking to grow Alpha / Bravo.

'Duken Out
    This reminded me of anchor man and sex Panther. "60% of the time it works everytime" haha but seriously the people I try to recruit I keep it short and sweet. Granted I've only tried a few people so far lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 41 [?]
    Experience: 2,450,390
    Next Level: 2,530,022

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 21598
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 5th, 2024
    Local Time
    10:52 PM

I like funny. I do most of the recruiting for my clash of clans clan. I gotta catch peoples attention so I try new things.

"Pirates seeking pirates. Must like rum, wenches, and booty. Eye patches and peg legs are a bonus."

"We have cookies. And milk."

Now these aren't appropriate here but you get the idea of what I was doing. It worked.

CAG is a bit more elevated and professional. That doesnt mean you can craft a witty and interesting pitch. I am sure we could come up with 3 or 4 pitches that catch peoples attention yet maintains the professionalism and tone CAG sets/expects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 40 [?]
    Experience: 1,774,104
    Next Level: 2,111,327

Rep Points: 9960
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time

So, I've been doing a lot of recruiting recently and I have a few things that catch people's attention.

- Tell them that CAG has been around for quite a long while. People are iffy on joining clans just because they seem to fizzle out quite quickly and with CAG being around as long as it has, it usually catches people's eyes.

- Let them know the vast age differences. I've gotten quite a few people interested because there were people their age that would be playing and not just "little kids." Also, letting them know that maturity is a big plus helps, too.

- Having another clan member in the party to banter with wins people over quite often. If they see you and another member "picking" on each other and laughing, they get interested.

- Also, talking to people that you have played against really sparks their interest - especially if you won. My latest recruit wanted to join after we wrecked his team in TDM. He said he's glad to be on the "right side of the fence" now.

- Inform people that playing with the clan their win-loss and kill-death will generally rise pretty quickly. That usually brings people, especially those that play by themselves.

- Tell people we have the casual side, as well. A couple people have just wanted to have people to chill and play with when they're on and that sparks their interest in getting to know about the clan.

I have a lot of information wrote down so after the person is interested, I can give them a bunch of information about CAG and I don't forget any of it. A recruitment speech, if you will. And helping the person sign-up and walking them through the application really helps them out.

CAG Dogg Level: 37 [?]
    Experience: 1,091,952
    Next Level: 1,209,937

7. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to HakunaMatataDoe For This Fucking Post:

xPARCHx (March 19th, 2016)

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Goon stuff Simba I'll tell mufasa about it. It's pretty easy to recruit it's like a sales pitch per
    But the difference is your not selling anything just the idea of people joining your squad.

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Randuken View Post
    Goon stuff Simba I'll tell mufasa about it. It's pretty easy to recruit it's like a sales pitch per
    But the difference is your not selling anything just the idea of people joining your squad.
    Randy don't you start that bologna, too. I haven't even picked on you yet but boy I will

Rep Points: 13948
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:52 AM

Its all one big pyramid scheme without the money!

If they stand up, put them back down.

CAG Dogg Level: 40 [?]
    Experience: 2,003,587
    Next Level: 2,111,327

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Hey so I just thought of like one of the most important recruiting things I go by when I'm actually working on recruiting:

Quality over Quantity

Don't just recruit someone because you can. When I'm recruiting people, I always play a few games with them. The first few games, I'll let them play their way just so I can see their style when they aren't trying to CAG it out. I'll let them do 1-2 games of just whatever the hell they want and then, after those games, I'll explain the set-up style for CAG and see how they play that way.

The other night, for instance, there were 4 prospects that I had in a game. Three out of four of them couldn't hold down, didn't call out, had to be carried and just didn't want to listen when I would give them a suggestion on what to do to help the team out. The fourth feller did, he called out and helped people when they went down. He was a pretty good team player.

Out of those 4, the call-out guy was the one who ended up going through the recruitment process. I'm not saying I wouldn't/couldn't recruit the other 3 and help them become better players, they just didn't want any advice or to listen or whatever. They wanted to do their own thing and not really care about how it hurt the other members on the team - which is not what CAG is about.

I know, at least from my perspective and I'm sure from the fellers I game with, we'd rather have 1 damn good player than 4 players just to fill up our rosters.

And not every prospect is going to become a recruit so don't force it on them. They might get into the clan and realize that we're not their cup of tea (or even their 4th shot of whiskey) and that's fine. We aren't out to have everyone fit out, we're out to have the right ones fit in and that's why CAG has been so strong because of the players that stick around.

But yeah, don't recruit just to make it look like you're doing an awesome job at bringing people in, especially if they don't stay.

Just my little two cents there

12. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to HakunaMatataDoe For This Fucking Post:

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 6th, 2024
    Local Time

Makes sense pew pew