Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Call of Duty or Battlefield 3?

Discuss all the new and upcoming games here.

Rep Points: 10
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 5th, 2024
    Local Time
    12:40 AM

Call of Duty or Battlefield 3?

Alright so ive looked it up and for being a call of duty fan for so long the trailers and game play on Battlefield 3 are just rediculous... it hurts to say it but i feel that call of duty isent stepping it up to what the fans are looking for today. the last Call of duty i heard you could climb tree for snipers, People would be able to get into vechiles and ect; but as we saw that did not happen. I felt Modern Warefare 2 started getting somewhere with the great graphics and being modern but intill the glinches and hacking ruined it. If you havent seen some gameplay of BF3 i'll link a part in (gameplay) story. Enjoy!

Let me know what your thoughts are...

Thanks Plan B

http://www.search-results.com/videos?qsrc=167&o=16303&l=dis&q=battlefield+3&atb= sysid%3D1%3Auid%3D51a345591265d5b7%3Auc%3D12989433 38%3Atg%3D33%3Asrc%3Dhmp%3Ao%3D16303%3Aq%3Dbattlef ield%25203

PS another is BRINK im excited for to come out before BF3 but thats another topic.
    500x custom 1258323267708 modern warfare 2 ghost

CAG Dogg Level: 25 [?]
    Experience: 88,877
    Next Level: 100,000

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 4th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:40 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Re:Call of Duty or Battlefield 3?

I said it before and I will say it again. Call of Duty is a piece of shit game. I am only playing it now because my Son wanted the game and because most of the Clan Members have it. Since Moder Warfare came out, Call of Duty games are meant to target the younger kids and casual gamers. It takes hardly no skill to play especially with the damn "perks" system it uses.

Let me get more into detail since you asked people for their thoughts.

Great Graphics, poor gameplay

This game has been a 10+ in the graphics department, but the gameplay has suffered because of it. The game plays too much like an arcade style of gameplay than anything else. The one perk that really is the most unrealistic and annoying is the 2nd chance and last stand perks.

If these perks were set up differently they would be ok. If you shoot someone that has last stand or 2nd chance with more than 5 rounds, only to see them go down and kill you with one shot of their handgun, that is just bullshit. I would understand if they killed you in 2-3 shots, but 1 shot kill even from 300 yards away? Get fucking real!

The hit detection is the worst I have seen in any video game. Even the replays and last kill cam proves how bad the hit detection is in Call of Duty games. Not only in Black Ops but all the games since Modern Warfare. Again, these games are meant for kids and people who have rally no very to no skill at all. It is also no the reason why so many people cry when they lose to a very well disciplined team or Clan. You have to play this game like that because running around will get you killed more times than none. What fun is there in dying 13 times a game and getting 20 kills, if you can do better and get 25 kills and less than 10 deaths by setting up with your team and having the idiots running around coming to your all the time.

It has been proven time and time again and within our own Clan, that setting up a perimeter and holding it down is the way to play this game to keep you from throwing fits about the bullshit that happens in this game. I don't mind if I go 4-0 in a game and someone else went 18-3 , as long as we won that is all I care about. Fuck anyone who says camping is for the ones that have no skill, because doing what we do, "CAMPING" as it is called by cry babies, takes discipline, teamwork, communication and far more skill than running around.

This is going to be the last call of duty game I buy. With the release of games like SOCOM 4, Battlefield 3 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Call of Duty games to me will be no more. Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Activision can all kiss my ass. With the ability to patch games, these assholes still can't get things right. They take our money and give us the all the finger with jagged sides to stick up our assholes.

New new Battlefield is geared towards destroying Call of Duty game's reputation and I am convinced it will succeed. But nevertheless, people will continue to buy these games because that is what 90% of all gamers play right now. Hopefully Ghost Recon being absent for over 2 years will justify such a long absence with a game that is exactly what a shooting game should be.

So their you have it, my thoughts on Call of Duty games.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 283,329,686
    Next Level: 305,690,101

+ Post New Thread