CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Kids And Military History

This squad will be used for military persons retired or active duty who which to game together.

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 98726
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    08:29 AM
    5 Star General 4th in Command

Kids And Military History

Today I met a Kid playing that used a GT that I knew the History behind and he only knew the movie Character. I wanted to tell him more about the Soldier and him and his friends mocked me. I became upset and told them I was offended. Not because they thought I was lying or they thought it was BS, but because they didn't have the decency to just hear my Story. A story of the History of a fallen Hero a fellow Veteran and a member of my Units History. Instead of getting upset in a Game. I left those players. Whom I don't know, but 2 I did that didn't speek. Tactful 2......
    It really upsets me that Teachers today don't Teach more Military History to Kids and Instill the values of Americanism. A Trait that many no longer permote in our Nation. I find it hard to call us a United States, because the only groups I find United any longer, are our Military. Where the Values of Brotherhood, Comrodery and Americanism still live strong.
    Why I write this here instead of forgetting about it, is that today I held the 11th District Oritorucal Contest for the American Legion at my Post as Commander. Where we permote Americanism. I met there, Two young future Leaders of our Nation. One that won the Contest. We donated money to. To motivate that young Man to carry the Torch on within the Contest and to be a future Leader of our great Nation as he grows and possibly becomes a fellow Veteran or a good President of our States and Unites us as a People or fights for our Nation's Freedom. Freedom to tell a 20 year Combat Veteran with 3 Tours in Combat, 2 Purple Hearts and more damn Ribbons than most Officers I have ever seen that my story was BS to him. It's a Obamanation......

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 55 [?]
    Experience: 23,785,687
    Next Level: 26,073,450

2. The Following 4 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG Covieleader For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (January 31st, 2016),CAG JB (January 31st, 2016),CAG ToxicBob (February 4th, 2016),Chirdaki187 (March 12th, 2016)

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:29 AM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Amazes me the ignorance that is out there

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 280,291,439
    Next Level: 305,690,101

4. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (January 31st, 2016),CAG JB (January 31st, 2016)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:29 PM
    Co-Leader

Totally not surprised at this,as Cheech mentions the level of ignorance and uneducatedness coming through in todays youth is not what it used to be.Its the same over here in the U.K.,kids growing up,spending more and more time on other recreational activities before setting their education front and centre.Then they wonder why they find it difficult to obtain a job in todays society due to lack of qualifications.

What was the GT covie and the story behind it?you got me interested in the story.
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 49,347,496
    Next Level: 55,714,302

6. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (January 31st, 2016)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 69921
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    09:29 AM

Yes I agree with jb you got me interested in the story as well. Nothing is more interesting to me than military history straight from "the horses mouth". Coming from a family that half was military and half wasn't I love hearing the actual history instead of the botched version written in books.

CAG Dogg Level: 48 [?]
    Experience: 7,981,208
    Next Level: 8,476,240

8. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Gemini328 For This Fucking Post:

Stud
    Rep Points: 11069
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:29 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

I agree with JB kids do have there priorities are wrong education is late on there list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 36 [?]
    Experience: 936,492
    Next Level: 1,000,000

10. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Happyhour679 For This Fucking Post:

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 98726
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    08:29 AM
    5 Star General 4th in Command

His GT was RAMBO1343

CAG Dogg Level: 55 [?]
    Experience: 23,785,687
    Next Level: 26,073,450

Stud
    Rep Points: 1030
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    07:29 AM
    Forum NooB

My history professor banned political arguments in our classes because they were becoming too heated. Veterans vs Non-Veterans. It started when I wore an Operation Iraqi Freedom tee to class. One of my classmates commented on it saying I was a baby-killer, islamaphobe, and all that other nonsense. I kind of lost it, not my best moment but the guy had no idea what the hell he was talking about. Thankfully one of my guys was in the same class and was able to calm me down. (I was president of the Boise State University Veterans Club) Most of the schools in my area have stopped holding Veterans Day ceremonies, the kids aren't learning about the freedoms they were given. If they don't want to say the pledge or respect the flag its almost encouraged. I joined the Boy Scouts with my son because at least in that group of young men, (and young women if you are in Venturing Crews) they are taught the ideals of Americanism, Patriotism, and respect for country, fellowman, and veterans. Sorry for the rant but I agree with CAG Covieleader 100%. By the way CAG Covieleader thank you for your service!

CAG Dogg Level: 29 [?]
    Experience: 228,568
    Next Level: 242,754

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7