CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: the Division Beta Starts Tomorrow!

Discuss Tom Clancy's the Division here

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 69921
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CAG JB View Post
    Sounds like a game that I may well be tempted to pick up and play along with Rainbow.Sounds great that each player is evenly matched so it comes down to a players actual skill and thinking in game that will tell one great player from another.
    I was reading a few reviews online and apparently the map in the beta ain't even a quarter of the map that's going to be made available when the full game releases.
    Is anyone surprised that potentially the Tom Clancy brand may well have produced a game of the year already from Rainbow or the Division and its only January.
    Il be interested to see how future games this year fair up against these 2 titles.
    Yah I could see you enjoying this game jb. Definitely something for when you need a break from a game.

And it is a cover based shooter. Not sure if you dabbled in GRFS or not but the combat had that type of feel too it.

As for the beta they cut the beginning of the game out to not give away any spoilers which is why everyone starts at lvl 4. There is a rush of adrenalin that comes when you have to survive with your loot for 90 seconds before the chopper arrives to extract it.

Also yes the map is small in the beta. Full release is the island of Manhattan. I have heard rumors that the season pass will bring Dlc that will venture further into new York city other than Manhattan. The nice thing is the distance on the map is actually relevant to the distance you have to travel to get places. It isn't like it looks like it's a ways away and then your there in 2 mins. It takes a while to travel across map just in the small piece we have access to. I can't imagine once you have the full map available

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 48 [?]
    Experience: 8,117,540
    Next Level: 8,476,240

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 5090
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:18 AM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Yeah it's a really good game and the beta is awesome . Which means the game will be even better . Hopefully the data transfer over . Or do you think we will have to restart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 37 [?]
    Experience: 1,018,968
    Next Level: 1,209,937

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    09:18 AM
    Co-Leader

Played a lot of ghost recon Gemini,the cover system within It demanded patience when it came to gaining the upper hand with enemy opposition as well as also making you think about how to approach a fight,flank or generally hold down.Ghost recon was a game I spent a lot of time playing and enjoyed the fact that if you didn't think while playing you'd get owned.
    Siege has been the latest game that has actually shown the same sort of thing about thinking before you do anything in game.
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 50,101,657
    Next Level: 55,714,302

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 3305
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

Played it this morning for two hours and I gotta say I love it! Not once that the servers have been shit. Hopefully that will be the case during this afternoon when a lot people should be getting on. I was mostly playing in the Dead Zone, and that was crazy in it's self.

CAG Dogg Level: 32 [?]
    Experience: 399,517
    Next Level: 453,790

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    09:18 AM
    Co-Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Bailiff3205 View Post
    Yeah it's a really good game and the beta is awesome . Which means the game will be even better . Hopefully the data transfer over . Or do you think we will have to restart?

If Gemini mentioned that you start at level 4 then I surmise that everyone will be back to scratch come release day.Makes sense
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 50,101,657
    Next Level: 55,714,302

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 5090
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Yeah . It's almost not worth grinding out then. Ya know . I feel I shouldn't waste 10 hours playing . Maybe enough to get the feel for it . I believe the max you level up is 8 and dark zone idk what you can level up to in the beta

CAG Dogg Level: 37 [?]
    Experience: 1,018,968
    Next Level: 1,209,937

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 69921
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bailiff3205 View Post
    Yeah . It's almost not worth grinding out then. Ya know . I feel I shouldn't waste 10 hours playing . Maybe enough to get the feel for it . I believe the max you level up is 8 and dark zone idk what you can level up to in the beta

8 is the max in the pve area and 12 is the max in the dead zone.

And yes you will have to start over. Very rarely do games ever transfer over beta play to the full game. Plus they had you completely skip like a half hour with of content.

Also it is fairly easy to level right now in the beta and all the vendors cycle there inventories faster because they want everyone to see what the game will be like.

I do like that you are restricted to certain zones until adequate level is reached to venture in the zone or else you will get owned almost instantly

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 48 [?]
    Experience: 8,117,540
    Next Level: 8,476,240

8. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Gemini328 For This Fucking Post:

Bailiff3205 (January 29th, 2016)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 14499
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Regular

Just from a graphics point of you. I thought it was pretty cool. Seems to be a lot you can do just running around kicking stuff pestering the AI. I completed the story section the Beta has which was pretty cool as well. I think building up your HQ will be pretty extensive in it self. I'll be buying it for sure.
    Just Win Baby!

CAG Dogg Level: 35 [?]
    Experience: 811,006
    Next Level: 824,290

10. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Chet Norris For This Fucking Post:

StormySGT ELIAS (January 29th, 2016)

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread : 8