Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Console

Discuss all general merzin topics

CAG Bitch
    Rep Points: 775
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:42 PM

Game Console

So question does anyone who uses a PS3 or ps4 use a stand for their console? I heard laying it down can make it die faster , or what about getting of air and regularly clean it inside and out of dust? What do you do make your system last longer is anything? Also any of you put the customization stickers in your console if so are you ever worried about it over heating or melting? >>

my PS3 I have a stand for just cause of space but it's super dusty and been super loud fan recently so I'm tempted to blow it out and just crack it open and clean it

CAG Dogg Level: 27 [?]
    Experience: 151,342
    Next Level: 157,092

CAG Bitch
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time

I meant a can of air >>

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 69921
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time

Technically both the ps3 and 360 were both designed to stand on end. It is because of the vent/fan on the end of the system. That way it is straight up and blowing Dusty up and away. It is however more dangerous for the disk tray. If it gets bumped or wobbles you could have some serious problems on your hands if your not comfortable fixing it yourself.

If you want to lay it flat make sure it is on like the top shelf of your dresser or entertainment system. Make sure it isn't in one of the cut outs in an entertainment center for like DVD players and such. It restricts the air flow and traps the heat put off by the system and over heats it. So basically make sure it has good ventilation wherever you put it. Make sure the vent on the end of the system isn't directly next to a wall that could bounce the dust back into the system.

Sony had always designed their systems to stand up. In my personal opinion it is more of a risk to stand it up if you have anyone else around your system that could accidentally bump it or knock it over

CAG Dogg Level: 48 [?]
    Experience: 8,033,942
    Next Level: 8,476,240

Stud
    Rep Points: 3940
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time
    12:42 PM
    Forum Footmatt

I have my PS4 on a stand and it works fine, I also use a can of air to clean the vents at least once a week. I am stationed in the Mojave Desert do I think I get more dust in my house than most places so I try to clean it pretty regularly. But I never had my PS3 on a stand before I upgraded. Moral of this story is UPGRADE TO A PS4, lol.

" All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." ----- The Joker

CAG Dogg Level: 34 [?]
    Experience: 583,167
    Next Level: 677,567

CAG Bitch
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time

Gemini
    Thank you soo much for the info *.* you're amazing~ I live in college dorms/ campus appartment right now so space is kind limited for where to put it lol but my big screen and entertainment system they all have learned they touch it they wake up with permenant marker on their face or hand xD it's Highly affective! I got them trained so no one could have a chance of bumping it but part two of my question would be would there be any other danger for it to be stood up? And have you ever tried putting stickers specially made for the console on it to decorate it?

CAG Bitch
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time

Joker lol I'm waiting for bunny to get one before I do and if she doesn't the never ! Lol have you ever opened it up to clean it or just while its closed try to blow it out

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time

The stickers for the consoles are made specially for the consoles so they won't melt to the system. I mean you have to have some serious like melt your motherboard heart coming out of that thing to melt the stickers to it

CAG Bitch
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time

Lol good I was just worried I really really wanna customize it I already finally finished my custom controller collection and now I start my stock pile of controllers for Xbox one and ps4 hehehe is <3

Stud
    Rep Points: 3940
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time
    12:42 PM
    Forum Footmatt

No I have never opened it to clean. I have thought about it but I think it would void the warranty.

" All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." ----- The Joker

CAG Dogg Level: 34 [?]
    Experience: 583,167
    Next Level: 677,567

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 8th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by The__x_JOKER_x__ View Post
    No I have never opened it to clean. I have thought about it but I think it would void the warranty.
    You can open it up until you get to the Xbox sticker that holds the case together. It's a special sticker that can't be replaced. So pretty much you can take off the face plate and the outer guards

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast