Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is It Going Down Under XReAcTiiOnZzx69???

Rep Points: 9174
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time
    07:38 AM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

We already have an area set up for that. It is a pretty active Forum with tons of threads related to PTSD as well as Depression. We have a lot of Active Duty Members and Combat Veterans like myself who have fought in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. Deployments take a toll on us, the entire 10 years I was in the US Army Infantry we were either deployed into Iraq or Afghanistan and before you even start getting back into your life spending time with your wife, kids, parents, whoever they are already getting all the equipment/weapons replaced-new soldiers are sent from basic, and the train up for the next battle in the Middle East. I am now permanently retired from injuries sustained in combat. Doesn't pay an awful lot but it sure is better than nothing!

CAG Dogg Level: 45 [?]
    Experience: 4,497,658
    Next Level: 5,107,448

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 435
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

What injuries do u have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 27 [?]
    Experience: 155,089
    Next Level: 157,092

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

It is a decent sized list, some of which are just normal wear and tear of being in the Infantry, carrying a lot of weight (70+ pounds in combat) for 8-12 hours a day minimum, all of the training Stateside like 12-25 mile 50lb rucksack marches. Directly from combat I was diagnosed with PTSD w/severe depression and anxiety, Traumatic Brain Injury, 2 broken Vertebrae with bulging discs and a herniated disc that still is causing severe pain throughout my entire spinal cord (from the bottom all the way up to where it meets the brain stem). The damage constantly puts pressure that is turned into pain in the brain and if I don't take medication I get migraine within a few hours of waking up to the point of I can't even stand up or walk around as well as each one resulting in vomiting which only makes the headache worse. Naturally the back muscles tighten up to protect the spine so my back muscles feel like a rock and if someone were to massage me with the help of the Valium I take they can get them to relax enough to start feeling the individual muscles knotted up...most people get grossed out and stop at that point....they say it feels like gristle or little rocks and that is what I can feel to when they rub it. It's pretty uncomfortable to live with because I need someone to massage me every day to loosen me up so I'm not a stiff zombie but I am single (thank God) and my son isn't old enough to help lol.
    I lived with these daily migraines for almost 2 years until someone finally listened to me and got the right medication set up. I tried probably close to 30 medicines before they got it right. They were trying to treat the migraines alone and didn't pay attention to me telling them repeatedly that I would wake up and not even want to get up because my back would hurt so bad. Then within a matter of hours, like clockwork, the pain would start radiating up my spine and once it reached the neck it was game over because my muscles were already so tight that I couldn't even massage them to make it feel better and that the radiating pain was IN my spine. (The doctor's you go see as an Infantryman are terrible, they give you Tylenol and water as a fix for anything because so many people go to "Sick Call" to get out of doing PT (Physical Training) in the morning that they have people that come in at 5:30-6am that sit there waiting until after lunch at 1pm to be seen. I've seen them misdiagnose broken bones, cancer, you name it by rushing through people. But since I was going through the Medical Retirement Program they sent me to the base Hospital to see a Civilian Doctor and he figured it out day one....treat the pain and muscle spasms/tightness first and then see about the Migraines. Unfortunately to treat the pain I have to take Narcotics and Valium daily, but since that first prescription of pain killers back in 2012 I have only had 2 migraines in over 3 years!! Is it the answer to my problems, no....but until they can figure out how to fix the nerve pinch problem and why my muscles are so intensely tightened it is what I have to do to be able to get out of bed and be a father and person. I've tried to get off the meds, I did a cold turkey stop to the pain killers....made it through the detox, 3 weeks of no pills....withdrawal was HELL but ended in about 5 days. My doctor had me coming in every Monday/Friday to monitor me....and after the 3 weeks I had gone back to barely being able to walk, couldn't drive, migraines all day and I couldn't sleep because it was so painful. I had lost 35 pounds in 2 weeks so we had no choice but to start the meds again. Sucks being on them, but my son needs me and I need to be able to function like a normal person. My tolerance allows me to safely function and remain migraine free. People think that taking these meds means that you're pain free, but that is not the case. I can feel the pressure/stiffness/pain in my back right now....but my brain doesn't let me feel it's force....just it's presence. Long rant, I know lol.

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

Wow man. That's pretty damn sad. How old is ur son

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

Well it isn't sad, especially for me. I could have lost a limb or been severely burned. Luckily I was in Stryker Vehicles during most of my deployments, especially the deadly 2005-2006 deployment. They are tough bitches and I might have hurt my back and had soup brain but it kept us alive! As for the way the Army treats people, let's just say 90% of people at Sick Call in the mornings are faking it. But they do get treated, it may just take a few visits to the PA in the morning sick call or ER visit to get an X-Ray done to see the fracture or severity of injury. My beautiful son, on my profile picture, is 3. He turned 3 in August and is the best damn thing to happen to me. I have a 5 year old daughter that I missed a few years of her life-moved and deployed right after she was born and she was 3 by the time I got back up here to Fairbanks. She's super smart and loves her brother Rustyn, and he loves his "sissy" Kalli. You have siblings??

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

I have a 9 year old brother. He's pretty annoying so it sucks really

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

Well, coming from experience cherish your time together with him. Teach him everything about life that you have learned so far....not how to be bad and get away with it, but how to be smart, well liked, and happy. The time is something that never slows down and one day you'll be out of the house and off to college or the military....who knows. I can say without a doubt he looks up to you so set a good example for him. Don't waste your time fighting and bickering with him. If you do you will regret it one day. I have a brother who is 2 years older than me, and a sister that is 2 years younger than me. I spent a lot of time fist fighting my older brother when he would mess with my little sister and they still have issues buried underneath. Now all 3 of us are in our 30's. she's 30, me 32, and older bro 34....and we get along so well and wish we had been closer during our time growing up. Now I live 3k miles away and have since 2003 and when they visit me or I visit them it is wonderful. Just my advice to you.

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

Ok man thanks for that

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

No problem, it's the "Father" in me!! Welcome to the Clan, officially, now that you are a member!!!

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 21st, 2024
    Local Time

Awesome!!!!!