CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Suggestion For Clan Wars Predators

Discussion for the Predators of the Marine Corps. SOC (Special Operations Command).

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 150
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    07:00 AM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

My Suggestion For Clan Wars Predators

I appologise in advance for the TLDR nature of this post

Lets go back in time just over a year. Clan wars on the xbox 360 for ghosts. We owned it

The main reason for this, i believe, was that we were strict with entry requirements. All new members went straight to the casuals team and only got accepted in to the CW squad once they had proved themselves provided we had room for them as there was a strict policy on how many people we would let in to the team

I know now, with the new benching system on AW this procedure is not necessary but regardless of this, something needs to be done and fast. This problem needs to be solved for any future CW's and prior to the release of Bops3.

We are having increasing numbers of players letting the team down and costing us the win by putting their names forward to be active and then not showing up and/ or committing to that promise. we are going in to higher brackets of competition with half the men and failing because of it.... i will not wag my finger and name names but all of you guys who let us down know who you are and if i am to be honest, i am disappointed. We are CAG and i expect more from you all, at the very least you should honour a promise made to your fellow brothers and sisters.

To combat this i have a suggestion:

From now on i think the 3 strike rule should be abolished - Our Elite CW team should be just that ELITE

We have a signup page for a reason, those who wish to sign up for active duty should be expected to commit to 50% of the allotted schedule of the clan wars, no exceptions! Failure to honour their promise without a satisfactory reason should result in a warning and a ban for participation of the next war (pending review by predator/ bravo leadership - we all know in some circumstances an exception is to be made)

If the offending player is to break their promise a second time they are then given an infraction and banned from participating for the next 2 clan wars

Clan wars can still be participated in and managed properly in our casual s team, this is the team any player who can not commit to the predators way should belong

We want new members to come to CAG and think "wow, these predators are fucking bad ass, i want me some of that" and give them something to aspire to.

please feel free to leave some feedback on my suggestion

CAG Dogg Level: 53 [?]
    Experience: 17,806,814
    Next Level: 19,059,430

2. The Following 4 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to SprayAim For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (June 17th, 2015),CAG JB (June 14th, 2015),Prod1gy (June 14th, 2015),Tricky3 (June 14th, 2015)

Rep Points: 4940
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 22nd, 2024
    Local Time
    11:00 PM

I love this, and believe something does need to happen. These ideas are great and I feel everyone should be a person of their word. I'm sure no one cares really when you say I can't make it to CW, its like great awesome thanks for letting us know, and then we can move forward accordingly. I love this clan and only want to see it grow and succeed while kicing ass in all aspects of its awesomeness.

CAG Dogg Level: 36 [?]
    Experience: 938,772
    Next Level: 1,000,000

4. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Prod1gy For This Fucking Post:

SprayAim (June 14th, 2015),Tricky3 (June 14th, 2015)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 50
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    06:00 AM

Any kind of change would have to be voted upon. I understand how things where back then but we've changed the system for the better now don't get me wrong their will changes come Black Ops 3. I've already talked with Parch & Co. I know what needs to happen in order for us to get to a higher level.

I'm just not sure I want to have a limit on players.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 57 [?]
    Experience: 34,994,338
    Next Level: 35,467,816

6. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Randuken For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (June 17th, 2015),SprayAim (June 14th, 2015)

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Randuken View Post
    Any kind of change would have to be voted upon. I understand how things where back then but we've changed the system for the better now don't get me wrong their will changes come Black Ops 3. I've already talked with Parch & Co. I know what needs to happen in order for us to get to a higher level.

I'm just not sure I want to have a limit on players.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Recently the changes have not worked for the better, we need to be stricter with how we approach CW

I never suggested a member limit bro. My suggestion is to enforce requirements properly to ensure only those who can commit come off the bench so we don't get stuck up shit creek again

1st Lieutenant
    Executive Officer (XO)
    Bravo Company

8. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to SprayAim For This Fucking Post:

Prod1gy (June 15th, 2015)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 50
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    06:00 AM

Well when you say to make it "strict" what are you suggesting

XBOX 1 Division Commander

CAG Dogg Level: 57 [?]
    Experience: 34,994,338
    Next Level: 35,467,816

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 25
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    01:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SprayAim View Post
    Recently the changes have not worked for the better, we need to be stricter with how we approach CW

I never suggested a member limit bro. My suggestion is to enforce requirements properly to ensure only those who can commit come off the bench so we don't get stuck up shit creek again

1st Lieutenant
    Executive Officer (XO)
    Bravo Company
    To enforce requirements then the strike policy works as long as Strikes are being handed out.

I know I wasn't there on Friday like I stated I would but but I had texted parch and let him know my wife got called in to work an overnight shift so the kids were my responsibility.

Due to my daughter being ill, I couldn't just sit and play games. I attempted to call both my parents and her parents but neither were free to take the kids this weekend.

I'm more then willing to take my strike as rules are rules. They're set in place for a reason. Start handing out strikes and stop letting people get away with it.

If they got away with it this CW and weren't held accountable they won't feel accountable next cw and so on so forth.

So with that said. I am issuing a strike to myself. Now find out who wasn't there and hand the strikes out. If they committed to 2 days and showed up for neither give them 2 strikes. No one, myself included are above the rules.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 47 [?]
    Experience: 7,091,422
    Next Level: 7,172,237

11. The Following 5 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Beastmode For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (June 17th, 2015),CAG JB (June 15th, 2015),Prod1gy (June 15th, 2015),SprayAim (June 14th, 2015),Tricky3 (June 14th, 2015)

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

My Suggestion For Clan Wars Predators

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Beastmode View Post

I'm more then willing to take my strike as rules are rules. They're set in place for a reason. Start handing out strikes and stop letting people get away with it.

If they got away with it this CW and weren't held accountable they won't feel accountable next cw and so on so forth.

Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Randuken View Post
    Well when you say to make it "strict" what are you suggesting

XBOX 1 Division Commander
    I already mentioned my suggestion in the op in regards to how we make it stricter. This was to abolish the current 3 strike rule and adopt the alternative.....

The problem I have with the current way is that before proper measures are taken to bench an offender they have three chances.... It's a simple maths game which can fuck us in the ass.... Say we have 10 repeat offenders and 10 first time offenders spaced throughout 3 CW's ... This can diminish our expected numbers on the battlefield by up to 20 players for each CW and this doesn't sit right with me

Like I also mentioned in the op. There are going to be reasonable, unforeseen circumstances which can prohibit a player from taking part once their name is down because life... In this case the leadership of bravo/ predators can discuss the situation to conclude the action taken BUT this being said. There does need to be immediate consequences for repeat offenders it those who decide to play other games instead of following through with their election to participate in CW

Fail to show without good reason = strike and bench for 1 CW, fail to show a second time without good reason = strike and bench for 2 CW

We have a perfectly good Casual roster for players who are unsure if they can commit to a competitive roster and there is no reason that the casuals can't do well in CW also

Members wanting to be in competitive team should all strive to be just that. Competitive... Asking for people on this roster to commit to at least 50% of the allocated CW time (4 hours) is no tall order and enforcing it to prevent people from getting a free ride is in every predator members best interest

In my opinion

1st Lieutenant
    Executive Officer (XO)
    Bravo Company

13. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to SprayAim For This Fucking Post:

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 0
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time
    02:00 AM
    Alpha Company Commander

Good news is we have approximately two weeks before the next CW. Plenty of time to get this buttoned up tight so we can get back to taking that number one spot. If I may I'd just like to put in not necessarily any suggestions, criticism, but to offer up some help.

Over the next week I will have some free time at work. I could utilize this time in structuring some sort of spreadsheet that we could use. Something to include all Predators ; Availability, Active or Benched, Wins, and Strikes.

Let me know if that's something that we could use to our advantage. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 44 [?]
    Experience: 3,953,686
    Next Level: 4,297,834

15. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Tricky3 For This Fucking Post:

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

Here's my suggestion. Sprayaim and Tricky get together come out with a firm layout and game plan for Clan wars.

I want to see the following in the layout:

- How to get on and remain on the Predators roster

- How teams will be assembled

- How will those who commit and don't show up will be handled.

- Who will host the Casual roster for those that can't meet the demands of the Predators roster

- If strict guidelines are set in terms of a set amount of hours for every 2 Clan Wars etc whose going to track this, how and make sure it's accessible for everyone to see.

Once you've done this bring it up the chain present it to Gundoc / Head / Nut / Parch and Randy.

See their thoughts if there's any tweaks they'd like to see made and run with it.

I personally like your train of thought here Spray but setup a solid system bring in extra input fine tune it and present it please.

17. The Following 4 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Beastmode For This Fucking Post:

CAG Covieleader (June 17th, 2015),CAG JB (June 15th, 2015),Prod1gy (June 15th, 2015),Tricky3 (June 14th, 2015)

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 23rd, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Tricky3 View Post
    Good news is we have approximately two weeks before the next CW. Plenty of time to get this buttoned up tight so we can get back to taking that number one spot. If I may I'd just like to put in not necessarily any suggestions, criticism, but to offer up some help.

Over the next week I will have some free time at work. I could utilize this time in structuring some sort of spreadsheet that we could use. Something to include all Predators ; Availability, Active or Benched, Wins, and Strikes.

Let me know if that's something that we could use to our advantage. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tricky, you are always welcome to put in suggestions, constructive criticism, ideas or anything of that nature.

CAG is your home just as much as it is anyone elses. I know me personally, I'd love to see more people stepping up with ideas no matter their rank in the clan.

19. The Following 4 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Beastmode For This Fucking Post:

CAG JB (June 15th, 2015),Prod1gy (June 15th, 2015),Randuken (June 14th, 2015),Tricky3 (June 14th, 2015)

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 10