CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Now That the Halo 5 Beat is Over, Changes Are Coming !!

Get the latest Halo 4 news and announcements here!

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 11th, 2024
    Local Time
    07:53 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Now That the Halo 5 Beat is Over, Changes Are Coming !!

Every time there is a new Halo game coming out they claim to be doing this and that and that they will be adding this and changing that and every time at least for me it has been nothing but disappointment.

I came across the following article and I thought I would share it for all of you die hard Halo fucks out there.

By Brian Albert

343 Industries has shared several statistics following its recent Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta, as well as several changes it plans to make to its shooter based on user feedback.

About 1 million people played 20 million matches throughout the beta's three-week duration. Spartans killed each other over 180 million times, and the most popular power weapon was the sniper rifle. For more stats, check out the infographic below.

graphic 720x405

Using that extensive match data, combined with tons of player feedback, 343 has settled on the following tweaks. Though the list is long, executive producer Josh Holmes wrote on the Waypoint blog that it's not comprehensive, and that potential improvements are still being tracked.

Spartan Abilities
    • Increase base speed (faster base movement)
    • Increase strafe acceleration (faster, more responsive strafing)
    • Reduce top sprint speed (narrow the delta between base movement and sprint)
    • Modify Ground Pound controls to prevent conflicts with crouch jumping
    • General tuning and bug fixes for all Spartan Abilities (Thrusters, Clamber, Ground Pound, etc.)

Weapons

• Sniper Rifle: Improve scope experience to making it less "clunky" and faster to scope
    • DMR: Adjust position of the scope to improve visibility
    • Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon
    • Reduce bonuses for automatic weapons in Smart-Link and with headshots
    • Remove grenade detonation in mid-air base don weapon fire
    • Ability to turn on/off vibration feedback for weapons
    • General tuning and bug fixing for all weapons

Presentation
    • Post-death replay: this will become an opt-in feature. After death, players will see a traditional follow-cam and have the option to view a replay of their death from the killer's perspective (as long as the feature is enabled within the playlist)
    • Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed
    • Spartan chatter: players will have the option to turn this on or off in the settings menu
    • Adding highlights to placed/dropped weapons to make them easier to see
    • General tuning for announcer and Spartan chatter to reduce the frequency of events and focus on the information that matters most to players

Competitive Skill Rating

• Improved skill detection during placement phase
    • Improved skill matching
    • Improved team balancing
    • Prevent skill boosting
    • General bug fixing and tuning

Matchmaking

• Much faster matches
    • Better skill matching
    • Better feedback to player in the lobby and matchmaking experiences
    • Allow players to set desired data center for matchmaking (may impact matchmaking speed and skill balance)
    • Improved party vs. party matchmaking
    • Hide CSR ranks until in match to de-incentivize quitting
    • Punish quitters with CSR penalties and matchmaking bans

"Looking back, this beta has been an amazing gift for us," Holmes said. "The feedback we have received from all of you has been invaluable in helping us to improve our game. On behalf of the entire Halo 5: Guardians team, we thank you for your support. We absolutely couldn’t do this without you. I hope you enjoyed your first glimpse into the future of Halo multiplayer and look forward to sharing more with you in the months ahead." globhead dpad red

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...after-the-beta
    Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; February 6th, 2015 at 04:25 AM.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 280,156,490
    Next Level: 305,690,101

2. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

Randuken (February 6th, 2015)

Rep Points: 50
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 11th, 2024
    Local Time
    08:53 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

I had not seen this yet, but thanks for the update, good sir.

CAG Dogg Level: 50 [?]
    Experience: 10,125,825
    Next Level: 11,777,899

4. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to MERZiN8 For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (February 8th, 2015)

Rep Points: 1482
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 11th, 2024
    Local Time
    07:53 PM
    Forum NooB

Highlights for weapons and a better DMR scope? HALLELUYA! Nah, but in all seriousness, this is pretty sweet and I'm glad the game devs have listened to the fans. I don't really know how I feel about the base movement speed with decreased sprint, as I felt it was alright. As for the boost, never found a problem with it either (except when trying to get to the top of Truth where the Prophet's Bane spawns, that is way too hard).

The skill matching sounds amazing, and it sounds like it'll actually pit me against people of my rank and skill, hopefully. I'm content with everything else, but I do hope 343i understands that not including Elites into Multiplayer will seriously mess with their program. I mean, if they saw the SPNKr rocket launcher as power weapon requests, they would have had to see the Elite requests as well. I just really want to play as the futuristic dinos once again, although as to how they'd be balanced would be a good question.

I suppose, if they were to be included, they'd have to be heavily tweaked and fine-tuned. Elites should not have thrusters, and should simply dodge around normally like they've done for ages. The guy's would either be the exact same height or slightly taller (I think for game balancing they should be around the same height). Since their heads are larger, I feel it'd be easy to get headshots on them, but they'd take less damage from them, as to compensate for it. For their base speed, they should be slightly slower until they sprint, where they'd be faster than a regular Spartan who would Sprint but would run out of stamina after running for a short distance. I could see them having a slightly higher jump as well, but could barely crouch and could be easier to hit from behind cover. As for their shield, I could see it being a bit tougher with a longer regeneration time. Finally, Elites should have longer lunging distances (with Energy Swords or general melee), but would melee attack slower. I suppose a bit more balancing would have to be built in, but who knows, they could actually be balanced and included in the Multiplayer at some point (I don't know, I can't really imagine Elites performing a lot of the Spartan Abilities the other characters do, maybe they should have their own variants of them, like for example, Elites could perform a smash from above with both hands, but the blast radius would be increased and would cause more knockback and would require even more skill to get one hit kill.)

~The Artistic Avareth; Gray Greytin Smog~
    What are the Avareth? Ask about H.A.Z.A.R.D to find out!
    SEE YOU ON THE VIRTUAL BATTLEFIELD YA FILTHY ANIMALS

CAG Dogg Level: 30 [?]
    Experience: 271,156
    Next Level: 300,073

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9