CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4 Tip/suggestions For Beginners!

Discuss the Battlefield Series here

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:22 PM
    Co-Leader

Battlefield 4 Tip/suggestions For Beginners!

So earlier today I managed to grab a few games with a recently new member (P33tza) and new to the game battlefield 4 and it got me thinking of a suggestions thread for all new to the battlefield scene.

I have a few suggestions for any battlefield beginner to help them enjoy their time on this particular game a bit more as its been around for quite a bit now and there are a lot of seasoned players on there.

My suggestions are as follows -

1) Game Mode - For any new gamer I would typically suggest that the game modes that they try first are conquest/conquest small and rush.The reason I say this is 1 simple thing.

These game modes will give you more of a thinking time as to what u do in game.you have a bit more freedom as the maps and mode enable u a bit more time to think.

The likes of Tdm,Dom,Obliteration and most other game modes are all really fast paced and as a beginner fast paced gameplay against seasoned players is always gonna put you at a disadvantage so my advice would be to stick to conquest or rush until your confident.

2) Weapon Control - Any person that has played different fps games know that not one game handles weapons the same as the other and battlefield is no different.In battlefield you have different weapons with different abilities ie diff range,reload times,muzzle climb or drift etc but il give you all beginners to the game one piece of advice that I learned the hard way when I started playing battlefield 3 - TAP FIRE THE SHIT OUTTA EVERYTHING AT A DISTANCE (excluding sniper rifles/Dmr's).

This will from the start get you off on the right foot with every weapon and set a base.Think about it tap firing increases accuracy and accuracy will increase the amount of body's you put into body bags.learn to do this well and you should always feel like you can control the weapon you use.

3)Mini Map/Large Map - In game you'll see you have a mini map which shows enemy locations once they reveal their positions via unsuppressed gunfire as infantry or in vehicles or if they have been spotted.This mini map is your lifeline 9 times out of 10.Friendlys show as blue and enemies show as orange depending on colour settings.My point here is awareness,which is what the mini map enables us to have.Everytime u get the chance to look at the map check it out.doesnt need to be an overly long look more a glance.after a while it will become second nature to do so and I promise you this it will make you more aware of your surroundings and enemies(enemies that u wouldn't have realised where there until your having to hit the button to respawn).

Also within battlefield 4 you can hit the button to bring up the scoreboard and press Right bumper this I turn will bring up a full view of the whole battlefield and every enemy infantry or veichle like the mini map does so theres a bigger scope to take the awareness that the mini map gives you to another level.

4) Choose your battles wisely and fight smart - This topic explains itself to be honest,when I talk of fighting smart I mean that u should use all possible means to outwit and outsmart the enemy.when I play and im faced with a gunfire stand off im always thinking is there a possibility of a flank and if so I always wait to the optimal moment to push the flank when enemy resistance is down and their concentrated on the gun battle to their 12 o'clock.

Sometimes the flank isn't an option/or the enemy numbers are stacked against you and what I do in this situation is I fight smart,I let the enemy make the mistake,make the enemy come to me and overall use cover and be patient as cover and patience will always out weight rushing in guns blazing.

This is just a few tips straight off the top of my head and if it helps anyone beginning out in the world of battlefield its a good think.

Also any other member or seasoned vet feel free to chime in on this thread and throw down any tips that help you ingame as not one persons playstyle will be the same and everyone has different strengths.just remember to explain it so that its easily understood for someone new.
    Last edited by CAG JB; January 15th, 2015 at 03:57 AM.
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 50,094,192
    Next Level: 55,714,302

2. The Following 10 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (January 14th, 2015),CAG Archangel (January 15th, 2015),HG867 (June 18th, 2015),MERZiN8 (January 15th, 2015),Mr_Fud3m3ntals (June 17th, 2015),Nesty (January 13th, 2015),P33Tza (January 16th, 2015),RainyDaiz (January 16th, 2015),StainShake (January 13th, 2015),WOOTdog91 (August 29th, 2015)

Rep Points: 16639
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    12:22 PM

Good stuff man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 34 [?]
    Experience: 602,423
    Next Level: 677,567

4. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Bamaguitarguy For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (January 14th, 2015),CAG JB (January 15th, 2015)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 202790
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    02:22 PM
    Co-Leader

Said it before, sayin it again, will continue to say it - mini map size at 150% has saved my life or let me map whore to many times to count.

CAG Dogg Level: 59 [?]
    Experience: 47,283,107
    Next Level: 47,989,448

6. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to BlameItOnGod13 For This Fucking Post:

CAG Archangel (January 15th, 2015),CAG JB (January 15th, 2015),RainyDaiz (January 16th, 2015)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 202743
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    XBOX One Division Member

Great thread JB...thanks man.

Lieutenant Colonel - CAG Archangel
    - European Battalion Commander
    - Battlefield Brigade - Co Leader

CAG Dogg Level: 52 [?]
    Experience: 13,927,598
    Next Level: 16,259,327

8. The Following 4 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG Archangel For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (January 17th, 2015),CAG JB (January 15th, 2015),P33Tza (January 16th, 2015),StormySGT ELIAS (June 17th, 2015)

Rep Points: 45509
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    09:22 AM
    XBOX One Division Member

I agree with Blame! I enlarged my minimap and decreased the size of info markers, it gives a sligh more precise location.

I also have to say if you have anything you want to try, and a few spare minutes, hit the test range!!! It's definitely there for a reason.
    Pondered upon a rainy plateau, with a coal forge, and many dragon.
    iForge

CAG Dogg Level: 47 [?]
    Experience: 6,595,409
    Next Level: 7,172,237

10. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to RainyDaiz For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (January 17th, 2015),CAG JB (January 16th, 2015)

Rep Points: 60
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time

Thanks for the thread man. Just got Battlefield 4 a few days ago, and I'm looking to try out the multiplayer soon. Never was that good at battlefield though, so thanks for this!

CAG Dogg Level: 18 [?]
    Experience: 14,120
    Next Level: 17,484

12. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Get_The_Chills For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (January 17th, 2015),CAG JB (January 17th, 2015)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 447740
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Get_The_Chills View Post
    Thanks for the thread man. Just got Battlefield 4 a few days ago, and I'm looking to try out the multiplayer soon. Never was that good at battlefield though, so thanks for this!

Anytime man anything that can help a new player to the battlefield scene enjoy it rather than getting frustrated due to not understanding some of the basics,
    If u have just got it and play on the X1 by all means send me a friend request and il grab a few games with ya!
    CAG JB

CAG Dogg Level: 60 [?]
    Experience: 50,094,192
    Next Level: 55,714,302

14. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG JB For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (January 17th, 2015),dreag2121 (June 17th, 2015),Get_The_Chills (January 17th, 2015)

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 57983
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time

Bump. We should pin this for new players to see.

--- Excuses are not reasons...excuses are a way not to take fault. Reasons are what happened despite your efforts.---

CAG Dogg Level: 41 [?]
    Experience: 2,317,504
    Next Level: 2,530,022

Rep Points: 26636
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:22 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Backed 1009%

CAG Dogg Level: 44 [?]
    Experience: 3,788,813
    Next Level: 4,297,834

17. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Mr_Fud3m3ntals For This Fucking Post:

dreag2121 (June 17th, 2015)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 56618
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 15th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:22 PM
    Co-Leader

Quote Originally Posted by BlameItOnGod13 View Post
    Said it before, sayin it again, will continue to say it - mini map size at 150% has saved my life or let me map whore to many times to count.

How do you make the mini map larger I am finally getting used to glancing at it often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    CAG Stormy SGT ELIAS

CAG Dogg Level: 51 [?]
    Experience: 12,116,861
    Next Level: 13,849,320

19. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to StormySGT ELIAS For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (June 17th, 2015),CAG JB (June 17th, 2015)

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast