CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: VA Home Loans

Find great information on VA "Veteran Affairs" matters for active and inactive members of the Military

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 25
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 19th, 2024
    Local Time
    10:01 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

VA Home Loans

Question for you fellas. I haven't yet went this route in purchasing a home but my wife and I are looking at purchasing one some time this year and I was debating using these guys as there's no money down necessary (Means more for any home improvements I'd like to make upon purchasing).

However, I hear when you go through the VA for a home loan they're extremely strict on the homes they allow you to purchase, that they must be in mint condition nearly.

What are your experiences with this?

CAG Dogg Level: 47 [?]
    Experience: 6,966,059
    Next Level: 7,172,237

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 710
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 19th, 2024
    Local Time
    XBOX One Division Member

My friend just got out and he used his and got a 5 br mobile home. They let them pass but was strict about it.

CAG Dogg Level: 49 [?]
    Experience: 9,461,432
    Next Level: 10,000,000

3. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to breaksk81 For This Fucking Post:

Beastmode (January 2nd, 2015)

Rep Points: 34491
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 19th, 2024
    Local Time
    11:01 PM

I purchased my home with the VA, and I can tell you first hand the home does not have to be in mint condition, not that mine is bad. Whoever does the home inspection turns it in to the proper channels and the VA approves the loan. Also a minimum credit score is required which I believe has to be a 630. My steps going to the back yard from my sun room had no banister and they approved the home.

CAG Dogg Level: 40 [?]
    Experience: 1,993,936
    Next Level: 2,111,327

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 25
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    August 19th, 2024
    Local Time
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Twonn View Post
    I purchased my home with the VA, and I can tell you first hand the home does not have to be in mint condition, not that mine is bad. Whoever does the home inspection turns it in to the proper channels and the VA approves the loan. Also a minimum credit score is required which I believe has to be a 630. My steps going to the back yard from my sun room had no banister and they approved the home.
    That's actually a huge safety Hazard in most home inspections. I'm surprised they let that slide. However, AWESOME information. Thanks brother.

CAG Dogg Level: 47 [?]
    Experience: 6,966,059
    Next Level: 7,172,237

+ Post New Thread