CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutritional / Meal Plan Info

Discuss all topics regarding nutrition for your health and fitness here

Hybrid View

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 37118
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:11 AM

Nutritional / Meal Plan Info

hey guys!

Most of know how hard it is to recreate yourself in the weight room, but the hardest part is when you leave there and you have to see all the greasy, high in cholesterol fast food places around town. Changing your body is roughly 70-80% what you bring in, artificial sweeteners, processed food, greasy fast food, soda (pop for my friends up north) and basically all that we love to eat. The first week of changing your eating habits is the hardest!!! I found it easiest to pick a day out of the week (Sunday for me) and plan out your meals, and just spend a few hours cooking and portioning them into containers. Here is a few things you can do so you won't be tempted to just "cheat" while changing your life!

1. After shopping I will portion chicken, fish, etc. into ziploc bags so it easier to pull from freezer and make a meal if i have to.
    2. If you prep and portion your meals, you will already ready (in case of a long day) to eat instead of sitting in a drive through as a last resort
    3. Green beans, and broccoli are GREAT FILLERS to eat with your food!
    4. Be careful with salads bc if you start adding a bunch of toppings/dressing then you defeat the entire purpose.
    5. boiled eggs w/ oats make a great breakfast once you get used to the taste (cinnamon helps)
    6. Cheat meals are good every now and then (treat yourself twice a week) but don't go overboard and take away from what you are doing. once you get used to your diet, you will actually develop a bad taste when it comes to that kind of food.

If you have any questions about supplements or food please make a thread and i will try to answer it as soon as possible

Gym Freak
    If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

CAG Dogg Level: 45 [?]
    Experience: 4,362,813
    Next Level: 5,107,448

2. The Following 4 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Jw Gym Freak For This Fucking Post:

BGibbard (September 25th, 2014),CAG CheechDogg (September 23rd, 2014),CAG Covieleader (October 30th, 2014),Nesty (September 22nd, 2014)

Rep Points: 57567
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Nutritional / Meal Plan Info

What is the best thing to take for protein? And how much do you actually need to eat for muscle growth? I have some whey powder but I'm just not sure it would be healthy.

CAG Dogg Level: 46 [?]
    Experience: 5,824,205
    Next Level: 6,058,010

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Nesty View Post
    What is the best thing to take for protein? And how much do you actually need to eat for muscle growth? I have some whey powder but I'm just not sure it would be healthy.
    the "rule" is that you want to take in at least 1 and a half grams of protein per pound of body weight. the trick is to eat things high in protein and numerous times a day so you aren't trying to power down a days worth of food into 2 meals.

I'm not so much into this as long as you are getting adequate protein and taking in an enormous amount of calories you should be fine!!!

Rep Points: 57019
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time

I use Isopure its also zero-carb and has flavors sad thing is it expensive as shit, $60 a thing...

CAG Dogg Level: 43 [?]
    Experience: 3,455,197
    Next Level: 3,609,430

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CAG Carnage View Post
    I use Isopure its also zero-carb and has flavors sad thing is it expensive as shit, $60 a thing...
    I can't stand isopure, or protein ice. idk if it is just the rtd version or what, there are many options available online. bodybuilding.com has GREAT deals on supplements!!!!! for someone starting out I would recommend Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard Whey bc it is easy to blend, low in calories (for those who want to drop weight), and easily affordable.

Rep Points: 50
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time
    02:11 AM

You know everytime I walk by places like GNC, I think I wonder if I should try something to work on getting back into shape. But my wife says, Nope those people will only sell you shit that you don't need or what they need to sell to meet their quota. Sadly, this is the truth 90% of the time with all sales folk.

CAG Dogg Level: 50 [?]
    Experience: 10,129,138
    Next Level: 11,777,899

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time

gnc people make commission on what they sale, so they will direct you to a certain brand bc of that aspect. they will try to add on (like any place that does retail) but all in all i get my stuff rom maxfit ( a local store here bc we get a discount if they have something my gym doesnt have bc we get 35% off here) but bodybuilding.com is the cheapest

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 3944
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:11 AM
    Forum Regular

What would be the best and fastest way to lose weight? I am 6'5 and 330 Lbs, but the thing is I am super athletic and play all kinds of sports and exercise regularly. Would it just be a diet thing for me?

CAG Dogg Level: 36 [?]
    Experience: 844,652
    Next Level: 1,000,000

CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by xMadShotx View Post
    What would be the best and fastest way to lose weight? I am 6'5 and 330 Lbs, but the thing is I am super athletic and play all kinds of sports and exercise regularly. Would it just be a diet thing for me?
    i want honest answers:

how much water do you drink a day?
    what other drinks do you drink?
    coffee?? and if so how much sugar?

how many times do u eat a day and what do u primarily eat?

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 3944
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    July 13th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:11 AM
    Forum Regular

As of right now, not as much water as my intake requires.
    Maybe a L per day.
    I don't drink coffee at all, tried it once about two months back and never liked it.
    I do drink pop every weekend. Quite a bit.
    I eat probably twice a day... I don't eat most the time because I'm over conscious about my weight... I hate being the weight I am at and just want change.
    Gandhi once said "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." I believe in this..but can never come to grips... I just want to lose weight!

CAG Dogg Level: 36 [?]
    Experience: 844,652
    Next Level: 1,000,000

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast