CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: CAG: Official Titanfall Impressions, Q&A Thread

Discuss all general Counter Strike topics here

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:00 AM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

CAG: Official Titanfall Impressions, Q&A Thread

250px Titanfall box art

So Titanfall has now been out for 2 months and change. Our Titanfall forums are very active and we have tons of recruits and people applying to join CAG on Titanfall.

I want to know what everyone thinks about Titanfall, give me your impressions and for those that haven't bought the game like Me, please ask your questions about Titanfall here as well. This should help us who haven't bought the game but are thinking about buying it decide if we want to get it or not.

I am very pleased with the amount of applications and recruits coming in for Titanfall and it looks like CAG will have a strong presence on Titanfall this summer. Way to go you guys !
    Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; May 23rd, 2014 at 06:10 AM.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 279,557,935
    Next Level: 305,690,101

2. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

CAG SILENT (May 23rd, 2014)

Rep Points: 50
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:00 AM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

I have had Titanfall since Day 1 on the Xbox One, and I also played the beta when it was live. I have played it alot. There are a lot of things that make it an awesome game. I would like to start by saying all the hype that this game got was actually worth it. It is the only game that has come out in the last year I would say that was worth all the hype that it got. It is truly amazing. Between the graphics, the flow of the gameplay, the mechanics, the way everything works. It is awesome. And the best thing I find is that Respawn, the developer has a great community base and they are willing to adapt and work on things that people find problems with. If you are a FPS, like most of us here, I promise you will enjoy this game. And if you are still unsure go to the local video store and rent it.

You start the game out with a training session that will teach you everything you need to know on how to control your Titan and your pilot. Shooting, combat, and Titan play are all included, and the first pistol you use, is pretty awesome. Its also a good place for new players to start. Once you finish the training I would suggest jumping into the campaign. The game is 100% multiplayer, so the campaign consists of 12 or 13 matches where they give you a story line before the games and through the matches and you play 6v6 on Attrition or Hardpoint Domination. The story line actually is not too bad. There is an IMC storyline and a Militia storyline, and once you play through both, you will get some achievements. Then once you win every match on both, you get more achievements.

Personally, I am a run and gunner, and to be honest, I did not call a Titan in period till I was a level 30. This was a mistake, because you Titan has a lot of features that are pretty cool whether you are in it or not. Even when you are not in your Titan, you can set it to guard mode, where it will guard an area and shoot ANYTHING that walks by, or you can set it to follow mode, where it will follow you and shoot ANYTHING it sees.

One of my favorite features is Regeneration. This is what they did for people who like to Prestige. Once you hit level 50, you can regen. You will lose all of your guns, unlocks, classes, everything except your tags, and stats. The upside is you gain XP, 10% faster with each generation, and I feel like when you get to the higher ones you gain it even faster. The difference is, there are challenges you have to surpass before you can regen again. Like the first time, I think the challenges are get like 500 kills with the SMG and doom 50 titans with the Cannon. And then once you pass these 4, and get to level 50 you can regen again, get a higher level XP gain and more challenges. Very quickly it stops becoming about the number of your rank and how well you can do the challenges. For example, right now, I am stuck on Gen 5, with what I think is a hard challenge. But I played it for months straight, and I have backed off for a bit to pursue my BF4. Regardless, it is an awesome game. And for the first time in a long time, well worth the $$.

I am more than happy to answer any questions I know how and even find an answer I do not know. Thank you and have a nice day.

CAG Dogg Level: 50 [?]
    Experience: 10,088,761
    Next Level: 11,777,899

4. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to MERZiN8 For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (May 23rd, 2014),CAG SILENT (May 23rd, 2014)

Rep Points: 57019
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:00 AM

Titanfall truly is a great game and deserves all of its hype. It never gets boring. The maps are just amazing far better then any COD map I have ever played on. Cheech I think it's cool how you're asking your members for what we think, but I think for you to truly get a opinion of the game is to get your hands on it yourself and experience the gameplay for what it is. It does take an adjust from COD , and you have to think and really work as team. Your playstyle of holding down in will not work out in titanfall. Believe me I've seen kids try to camp and they never last long. AI is mixed into multiplayer and can affect the outcome of the game which is amazing and something I have never seen before in a fps. As for our new members no complaints they all have completed what we have asked and are ready and willing to help. So Cheech when do you think you'll be getting titanfall?

CAG Dogg Level: 43 [?]
    Experience: 3,441,609
    Next Level: 3,609,430

6. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Carnage For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (May 23rd, 2014),CAG SILENT (May 23rd, 2014)

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:00 AM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Good posts you guys ... I have refrained from reading outside reviews about this game and more so kept myself from watching videos of the game.

I wanted to ask you guys for your impressions because you guys are part of this clan ... You guys all know my playing style regardless of what game I play ... and to have you Carnage make a point that my playing style might not work on Titanfall is a great observation and more so you recognizing the fact that I would have to adjust ...

I don't know when or even if I am going to get the game ... I do though want to see more of you guys post your comments about Titanfall
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 279,557,935
    Next Level: 305,690,101

8. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

CAG Britz (June 19th, 2014),CAG SILENT (May 24th, 2014)

Rep Points: 57019
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    June 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:00 AM

Lets just say the tradition of shutting down lobbies has carried over to titanfall. ( made 5 dudes leave halfway through )

CAG Dogg Level: 43 [?]
    Experience: 3,441,609
    Next Level: 3,609,430

10. The Following 5 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to Carnage For This Fucking Post:

CAG Britz (June 19th, 2014),CAG CheechDogg (May 23rd, 2014),CAG SILENT (May 24th, 2014),Lambda89 (June 2nd, 2014),NuT jOb (May 23rd, 2014)

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6