Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Chopper Hit Box Discussion

Discuss the Battlefield 4 Regiment of CAG's Battlefield Brigade here

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 202790
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:46 AM
    Co-Leader

Chopper Hit Box Discussion

first off i want to briefly explain what hit boxes are.

imagine the Attack Chopper is a giant flying box and if you land any sort of projectile explosive (tank shell,RPG, SMAW, SRAW,boat shells) in that box then chopper goes bye bye and it counts as a hit.

what i want to talk discuss is how abnormally big they are compared to BF3.

in BF3, unless you directly hit the chopper your RPG/SMAW/Tank Shell missed. now if you look at my clips there are some where i do actually hit the chopper but then there are others where i should have missed by BF3 standards yet still hit it and got the kill.

there is one clip that was uploaded by PissPawz maybe a week or two ago that really stands out to me. he was on a Naval Strike map playing conquest, the AH was diving and he fired his RPG and got the kill. now, i don't always notice in other peoples clips if the RPG/SMAW/SRAW/whatever made contact or should have missed but in this clip i couldn't not notice it. on my TV, which is 34 inches, the AH was on the bottom left hand side of my screen and the RPG was fired around the middle of my screen. i don't know if the AH hit boxes are just fucked when an AH is diving close to the ground or if it was server side lag/ping issues but man that was nuts. i know in BF3 there was a guy who had a really bad connection so sometimes he would directly hit a chopper and just dust it thus why i mention that.

in a lot of my clips you may notice that i don't always make direct contact with my RPG's i just get lucky enough for them to be within the hit box. i don't know if they have made them bigger or what the exact dimensions are but i hope they decrease it. it is still almost impossible to fly AH's unless you play Air Superiority and i find it quite aggravating. that was one of the most fun vehicles to use in Battlefield.

it isn't so much because you could get a great pilot/gunner team and just shut down and entire server but because the learning curve is so massive. it takes a long time just to get good at flying, taking off/landing/etc, and then maneuvering and then actually killing people and finally putting it all together, not to mention learning how to fly and stay alive on each map presented it's own set of unique challenges. to me, nothing in Battlefield is as rewarding as the culmination of all your AH skill's coming together and having that first game where you and your gunner or you and your pilot shut the server down and knowing you can do it again any time your team needs your backpacking skills.

CAG Dogg Level: 59 [?]
    Experience: 47,619,580
    Next Level: 47,989,448

2. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to BlameItOnGod13 For This Fucking Post:

JYD66 (April 30th, 2014)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

Re: Chopper Hit Box Discussion

anyone got anything to add/gripe about/questions?

Rep Points: 28063
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:46 PM

Yes. I seem to find that rockets travel at different speeds depending on your elevation, and the curve of the rocket changes dramatically at higher elevations. This means that you can accurately destroy choppers from the top of mountains, due to the large hit boxes and the trajectory being changed.

CAG Dogg Level: 46 [?]
    Experience: 5,304,090
    Next Level: 6,058,010

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

yes, RPG's have a lower velocity than SMAW's so naturally the drop will be more dramatic. it took me a while to get used to it. elevation does also come into play when you are going for a target below you. if your having trouble adjusting to the drop of the RPG try using the SMAW. almost no drop on the rocket itself.

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 11110
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 16th, 2024
    Local Time

i do i do the rpg shot you'r talking about on NS that was not a hit but a miss i did not get a hit marker he just plan out crashed his shit into the mountain lol i uploaded another one the title is rpg from a week ago i believe it's on zavod take a look at that one let me know what you think..

CAG Dogg Level: 54 [?]
    Experience: 22,195,018
    Next Level: 22,308,442

7. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to pisspawz For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (April 30th, 2014)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

that one appears to have hit either on the struts (landing gear bar thingy's) or right on the nose. it was a little hard to tell, your left hand is right over the chopper reloading the RPG as it hits lol. that's a something i haven't seen happen yet haha. had to watch it in slow-mo which not quite sure how i did it, just kinda happened as i rewound the clip and hit play.

9. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to BlameItOnGod13 For This Fucking Post:

pisspawz (April 30th, 2014)

Rep Points: 28063
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 16th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:46 PM

I like the drop. It helps me get my aim right on te target. Right now, i can hit a moving chopper at over half the map

CAG Dogg Level: 46 [?]
    Experience: 5,304,090
    Next Level: 6,058,010

11. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to layserman2 For This Fucking Post:

pisspawz (April 30th, 2014)

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9