CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed

View Poll Results: Is the NFL over reacting when it comes to these big hits?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
  • Maybe

1 25.00%
  • Who cares !

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Dashon Goldson won’t be suspended

Discuss the NFL season, teams and games here!

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:46 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Dashon Goldson won’t be suspended

So from time to time I go to this website and I read some of the stupid shit that the fucking media has to say about football players, teams and football in general.

This is about Dashon Goldson's hit on Jaron Brown in yesterday's game between the Bucs and Cardinals. While I hate to see players get hurt, this type of penalty and discplinary action against defensive players is just wrong. From pop warner football, actually pee-wee football you are thought to hit a player at full speed. In the NFL and College these players "can not" left of on these big hits, why?, because you can actually get hurt when you don't brace yourself or square yourself up when putting a hit on a player.

While the NFL says that these players are defenseless, the fact that the NFL wants players to use these helmets, pads and other protective gear makes every player that much more fearless when making these hits.

They are now saying that Dashon Goldson could end up being banned from the NFL because he is a repeated offender, are you kidding me?

In the NFL, well at least in the old NFL you let the players govern themselves during games, you let them discipline each other just like the MLB did and still does to some extent with the notorious "bean ball".

Safeties in the NFL are the "law", the tempo setters, the dictators of a game against the passing game and the NFL is now turning the game into one of the biggest jokes in sports.

Not only that but "I" see more injuries now to defensive backs especially safeties because now they have to either let off or allow the WRs to catch the ball and run especially when the WRs lower their heads intentionally to draw those penalties on the safeties or any defensive player for that matter.

So why are more players getting hurt because of this rule? Simple, if you are going full speed at a WR or RB that just caught the ball and the receiver lowers his head, the defensive player has to make a decision in less than a second to either hit the player or not, sometimes planting their foot the wrong way to avoid the hit which leads to such injuries like ankle sprains, knee sprains, pulled groins, torn mcls, pcls, acls and the list goes on and on.

The NFL is putting the players more at risk by doing this instead of helping them. You don't believe me, watch games more and pay attention at some of the injuries that happen, most of them are "unexplainable" injuries but you can clearly see that making the players think before they put on a hit on another player is putting them at risk.

Below is an article about Dashon Goldson and then the stupid remark by the author of this article "Darin Gantt" that the NFL is showing weakness by not suspending Dashon Goldson after this hit. While he did not directly say that, you can without a doubt make the assumption that what he meant with that remarks is exactly what I just meant myself.

What do you guys think about the NFL getting all anal about these big hits?

350x 1214?w250
    AP
    Posted by Darin Gantt on September 30, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT

Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson will certainly be playing for a reduced rate this week, but at least he’ll be playing.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Goldson won’t be suspended for yesterday’s illegal hit to Cardinals wide receiver Jaron Brown.

The NFL has confirmed to PFT that there will be no suspension, but that Goldson will be reviewed for another fine.
    Goldson has already been fined $30,000 and $100,000 this season, so it will interesting to see what his next donation will be.

As interesting is the fact the NFL’s not even attempting to suspend him, keeping them from swinging and missing again after the last one was overturned on appeal.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 282,495,130
    Next Level: 305,690,101

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time

By the way, there is a poll please vote and I also included a video from these morons at ESPN who are really over reacting themselves too about this hit. ....
    cag clan cheechdogg

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time
    cag clan cheechdogg

Rep Points: 22850
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:46 PM

he didnt have to hit em like that but its fucking football man, let em play. Receivers are crazy protected nowadays

CAG Dogg Level: 44 [?]
    Experience: 3,790,785
    Next Level: 4,297,834

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time

This was when the NFL was still the NFL...check this Monday Night hit on Don Beebe by Safety Gary Jones of the Steelers

No pussies in the NFL in the 80s and 90s....
    cag clan cheechdogg

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time

That kind of hit draws fucking flags, penalties and even suspensions now...fucking joke !

Take a look at Beebe and Jones while Beebe is heading to the sideline, no hard feelings there...these were real Men not pussies !
    cag clan cheechdogg

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil80 View Post
    he didnt have to hit em like that but its fucking football man, let em play. Receivers are crazy protected nowadays
    Blue., that hit was PG-13 compared to the video I just posted, it's the NFL dude ...in the 80s and 90s the NFL made money off of "NFL HARD HITS" now they want to fine every fucking player who puts the hurt on another one...a complete joke !
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 205
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time
    02:46 PM

The NFL is now a joke lol in my option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAG Dogg Level: 21 [?]
    Experience: 33,854
    Next Level: 38,246

9. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to XGN Fir3fighter For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (July 27th, 2017)

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 11th, 2024
    Local Time

Old as fucking thread but so true my Man .... fucking tired of the suspensions .... fines ....BS !!
    cag clan cheechdogg

11. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

XGN Fir3fighter (July 29th, 2017)

+ Post New Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2