CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP with a car problem

Discuss featured articles, topics from Games, Videos, Jokes, Stories & Entertainment here! News about XBOX, PS3, WII, Movies, Hollywood and Music can be found here. You can also share your favorite jokes and comic strips here as well!

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 56618
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:34 PM
    Co-Leader

HELP with a car problem

I have a problem with a Ford windstar 2001 if I let it sit 2 days it wont crank after trouble shooting it I have replaced the starter probably wasn't needed but this is my problem any ideas much appreciated so I took of the serpantine belt disconected the starter (Took it off) and turned the pully with like 90 lbs. of pressure i turn it till it gets stuck and when i get it past that area I put the starter back on put on the serpantine and she'll crank runs very smooth conected the computor to it no codes every body is baffled can't figure whaz up it will start no problem I turn it on and turn iy off 20 times or more still no problemtill I let it sit yes I have a new 3 mounth old battery
    Last edited by StormySGT ELIAS; June 3rd, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
    CAG Stormy SGT ELIAS

CAG Dogg Level: 51 [?]
    Experience: 12,223,313
    Next Level: 13,849,320

Rep Points: 3635
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    04:34 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Where is SHOWINGNONE when u need him

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

CAG Dogg Level: 52 [?]
    Experience: 15,256,719
    Next Level: 16,259,327

3. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to jDIAMOND For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (June 6th, 2013)

Rep Points: 2185
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    02:34 PM
    Forum Footmatt

It wont turn over at all?
    It could be your alternator isn't putting out enough power to your battery.
    Also, anything that uses power in your car, power windows, windshield wipers etc. could be faulty. I remeber my buddys car would never hold a charge. Overnight it would'nt turn on. We figured out there was a glitch in the power windows that was draining power 24/7, even if the car is off.

So we took out the fuse from the fuse box that controlled the power windows, disabling them, and the problem was fixed. His windows dont work now but it was a cheap fix.

CAG Dogg Level: 33 [?]
    Experience: 479,434
    Next Level: 555,345

5. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to TORCUT For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (June 3rd, 2013)

Rep Points: 1435
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum NooB

Yeah I was gonna say check your fuses n what not.. pull a couple out at a time to test things out lol... very inconvenient.. but cheap

CAG Dogg Level: 31 [?]
    Experience: 369,144
    Next Level: 369,628

Rep Points: 1060
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:34 PM
    Forum NooB

I know your battery is only 3 months old, but you should get a load test done on it. The battery may be faulty, at the same time you can check the output on your alternator. if you find the battery is weak, then you should be able to get a warranty replacement. Make sure to clean all your connections to the battery and alternator this should help.

Another thing, do not disconnect the battery before checking for codes. This will wipeout all the codes.

I hope this helps,

CAG Dogg Level: 30 [?]
    Experience: 277,586
    Next Level: 300,073

Rep Points: 6685
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    01:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by StormySGT ELIAS View Post
    I have a problem with a Ford windstar 2001 if I let it sit 2 days it wont crank after trouble shooting it I have replaced the starter probably wasn't needed but this is my problem any ideas much appreciated so I took of the serpantine belt disconected the starter (Took it off) and turned the pully with like 90 lbs. of pressure i turn it till it gets stuck and when i get it past that area I put the starter back on put on the serpantine and she'll crank runs very smooth conected the computor to it no codes every body is baffled can't figure whaz up it will start no problem I turn it on and turn iy off 20 times or more still no problemtill I let it sit yes I have a new 3 mounth old battery
    Check for spark, if you have spark, check for fuel, is you got fuel, check the mass air flow sensor to make sure it is working. if all that is good then it could be your crank sensor. let me know what you got
    My kung fu is better than your kung fu....wwwaaaattttaaa!!

CAG Dogg Level: 39 [?]
    Experience: 1,673,283
    Next Level: 1,757,916

Rep Points: 6685
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by StormySGT ELIAS View Post
    let me ask you does your car have an anti theft device under the steering wheel right above the foot pedals? FORDs are famous for putting these in, I have seen these come out and there is nothing, it would look like a almost a sd card, black almost triangular shape and it can only go in one way. check it out
    My kung fu is better than your kung fu....wwwaaaattttaaa!!

CAG Dogg Level: 39 [?]
    Experience: 1,673,283
    Next Level: 1,757,916

10. The Following User Says Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG Saki333 For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (June 6th, 2013)

Rep Points: 710
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    03:34 PM
    Forum NooB

the alternator gone bad or battery is defective, my dad has the same van and same problem happened but i could be wrong and could be something else.

CAG Dogg Level: 29 [?]
    Experience: 237,390
    Next Level: 242,754

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    Leader and Founder of CAG

It's a FORD that's the problem....Fix Or Repair Daily = FORD ...
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 284,198,756
    Next Level: 305,690,101

13. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

Cobra_Str1ke (June 6th, 2013)

Rep Points: 49077
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    October 28th, 2024
    Local Time

There must be something wrong with your Space time continuem module..whats that? You dont have a Space time continuem module? Something might be wrong with your tractor beam.. you dont have one? Did you check your unicorn engine? The unicorn is at magic mountain? Well thats your problem right there...

Lol but really the thing thats messing it up is probably the most obvious.. A fairy god mother takes it for a joy ride every other day leaving it all bunkered out. Am I trolling to hard? I feel like I am. My bad. I really couldnt help you bro :/ Sorry.
    -I done wrestled with an alligator!
    -Done tussled with a whale!
    -I Handcuffed lightning!
    -And threw thunder in jail!
    -Ive murdured a rock!
    -Injured a stone!
    -Hostpitalized a brick!
    Im so Bad I make medicine sick. Im gon' Show you! How great I am.

"Whatcha' gon' do, When the CAG Doggs come for you?"

CAG Dogg Level: 43 [?]
    Experience: 3,066,824
    Next Level: 3,609,430

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 0

Actions :  (View-Readers)

There are no names to display.