CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread

Thread: DmC Devil May Cry Cinematic Trailer

Discuss all the new and upcoming games here.

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 20th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:28 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

DmC Devil May Cry Cinematic Trailer

With DMC Devil May Cry coming out on January 15, 2013, Capcom have release a brand new DmC Devil May Cry cinematic action trailer for viewers to enjoy. Will you face your inner demons?

Release Date: January 15, 2013 Developer: Ninja Theory
    Publisher: Capcom

Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows (on 1/25)

The son of Sparda is back! Capcom's veteran mercenary and demon hunter is setting out on an all-new adventure in just a few weeks from now, in DmC: Devil May Cry. Ninja Theory, a newcomer to the franchise, is set to deliver a rebooted take on Hideki Kamiya's creation. Early looks at the game have shown a lot of promise, with a combat system that appears to be just as deep and as complex as fans of the series would expect.

What We Know:
    DmC: Devil May Cry isn't the sort of full-on reboot that aims to erase the past. Dante's earlier adventures still exist within the series canon while Ninja Theory's tale picks up in a parallel universe. Our younger, shorter-haired Dante kicks off his adventure in Limbo City, an urban landscape that seems normal at first... until the demon overseers that run the place start sending all manner of nasty critters off to kill Dante.

Like previous entries in the series, the gameplay is built around third-person melee and ranged combat, with a focus on pulling off extended combos and upgrading your moveset. Ninja Theory's reboot adds some additional complexity in the form of Angel Mode and Devil Mode, two modifiers that influence the way Dante's weapons behave. Either can be activated at any time, even in the midst of a combo; as you might imagine, this adds a significant amount of flexibility to the way the game's combat unfolds.

Capcom has also revealed that fans can look forward to some post-release downloadable content that focuses on Dante's brother Vergil. While Vergil appears in the main game as an NPC, the Downfall DLC offers players the opportunity to actually play AS him in a separate campaign that offers "new weapons, combos, enemies, and locations." Downfall is included (NOT on the disc) as a free pre-order bonus, though it will also be sold for $8.99 via your digital distribution platform of choice.

What We Expect:
    Good things, only good things. There's definitely a place in the present-day world of gaming for third-person brawlers built around a complex set of battle mechanics. Look at anything from PlatinumGames, for example. The Devil May Cry name still carries plenty of weight, and while some have groaned about Dante's new look in this reboot, the gamePLAY speaks for itself.

We've previewed DmC numerous times now in both hands-off and hands-on settings, and Ninja Theory definitely has a handle on what components are essential to a good Devil May Cry game. The combat, yes, but also the goofy, slightly deranged sense of humor, the over-the-top set pieces, and the memorably quirky cast of human and non-human characters. The Enslaved and Heavenly Sword dev seems to be the perfect choice for capturing Kamiya's original vision with a fresh approach.

Whether you're a fan of the series or you just like games that place a dual emphasis on action and weirdness, it's looking like Capcom is going to deliver with DmC: Devil May Cry.

Be sure to check out more of G4's 2013 video game previews throughout the month of January!
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 282,834,607
    Next Level: 305,690,101

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 20th, 2024
    Local Time

I think I am going to start buying games for the PS3 just for the damn story lines. PS3 seems to have better story line type of games compared to 360, what do you guys think?
    cag clan cheechdogg

Rep Points: 27835
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 20th, 2024
    Local Time
    08:28 PM

I might actually buy that game. Idk about the ps3 games most games you can get on the Xbox aswell.
    cag death

CAG Dogg Level: 45 [?]
    Experience: 4,747,403
    Next Level: 5,107,448

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 20th, 2024
    Local Time

I rather buy it on the PS3 because I haven't put any stress on that system since I bought it. I only have 3 games for PS3, SOCOM: Confrontation, SOCOM: 4 and MLB The Show
    cag clan cheechdogg

Rep Points: 3635
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 20th, 2024
    Local Time
    07:28 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Re: DmC Devil May Cry Cinematic Trailer