Play Halo 4, get free Microsoft Points

NEWS | Author: Peter Grimm

I was out and about yesterday, when I tried out Halo 4 at a small game store. It was my first time playing a Halo game, and I totally sucked at it. You should have seen it, it was too funny. I could only plow my high-tech hoverbike-like vehicle through so many aliens before getting plucked off and killed viciously.

Charming anecdote aside, it's time for the news.

A lot of people are playing Halo 4, and Microsoft, in an effort to coax said people into playing even more, has announced that they'll pay them to keep at it. Yes, Microsoft will pay you for playing Halo 4. Here's how…

All this month, players can earn free Microsoft Points for playing Halo 4's multiplayer. This offer, known as the Halo 4 Combat Tour Offer, will give away a grand total of 10,000,000 MS Points to players throughout November, awarding them based on how much time they invested into playing.
halo4 3
How much time, you may ask? Well, for those who've given up 35 hours or more of their life to Master Chief's latest outing will be rewarded 100 MS Points (equal to $1.25). Those who've spent 70 hours or more, 300 Points ($3.75). And those who invested a whopping 140 hours or more (or, to put it in perspective, almost six whole days) will receive 600 MS Points ($7.50).

To top it off, those who spend their MS Points on Halo-related items (add-ons, avatar items, themes, etc.) will receive a rebate for their Halo loyalty, with 100 Points being given back for every 1500 points spent. Any and all purchases made between November 1 and November 30 is eligible (you can find a full list of those items that qualify as being Halo-related enough on Microsoft's website).

Oh, one last thing regarding the Halo 4 Combat Tour Offer: you can only participate in that if you have an Xbox LIVE Rewards membership. Keep that in mind if you want to get paid for spending a near-obsessive amount of time playing Halo 4.

Source: Microsoft