CAG COD 1st Brigade
Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new map packs for MW2

Latest news and announcements will be posted here. If you have any questions, you can also ask them here.

Rep Points: 10
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    12:18 AM

The new map packs for MW2

Hi folks

Please forgive me if this news is old hat.

The new map pack is out later this month.There are 5 maps in total. 3 new. 2 from MW1.

The new ones are as follows.

1] Bailout ( a multi level appartment complex )
    2] Storm ( an open industrial park littered with machinery )
    3] Salvage ( a snowy junkyard fortified by crushed debris and stacked cars )

The 2 reworked ones are

1] Crash
    2]Overgrown

Controversially they have priced it at 1200 points which is causing a bit of consternation with consumers who are pointing out that its too steep for what it is (a map pack). This is compounded by the fact that on the same day the pack is released Battlefield is releasing a map pack and giving it away free.

All of this pales into insignificance with the new perk that is being imbued into the current MW2 roster. Titled the "cabbage perk" the player is now challenged to shoot the same player with headshots 5 times in a row. If this is achieved then Infinity Ward will personally leave a fresh cabbage on your doorstep every Thursday morning. Details yet on whither it will be a savoy or just cheaper member of the cabbage family are unclear (personally I would have preffered a nice piece of fennel). Okay, fair enough I made that last bit up. But the rest is true.

Remember. You can trust me. Im a Doctor.

CAG Dogg Level: 18 [?]
    Experience: 16,033
    Next Level: 17,484

Rep Points: 85
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

Re: The new map packs for MW2

Cheech and I were discussing this earlier. I refuse to pay 15 dollars for 3 new maps and 2 maps that I've played the shit out of. I think I'll wait until the map pack is cheaper.
    camping

CAG Dogg Level: 35 [?]
    Experience: 720,987
    Next Level: 824,290

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:18 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Re:The new map packs for MW2

I am not going to get it when they come out. I am going to wait maybe up to a month before I get them, the prize is sure to go down once they see that not many people are buying it. Everyone should do the same.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 283,122,246
    Next Level: 305,690,101

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time

Unbelievable. 5 minutes after I wrote the post I read that one of the maps ported over from MW1 is in fact Vacant. I bloody hope not. Not a bad map. But in no way does it warrant a makeover compared to many other ones that spring to mind. Who knows. I guess thats the internet for you. Chinese whispers.

As far as waiting for a month or so for it to come down in price. No way. You will be waiting a lot longer than that. People will almost fry the servers downloading it the day it comes out. To be honest I kind of feel its a must purchase but only because I feel the game really does need them. I have said from day one that although the innovations within the killstreak rewards were more than welcome and are largely well implemented the maps themselves are unimpressive, overdesigned and can lead to frustrating and frankly unenjoyable sessions.

Its as if the developers have punished people who want to play the game with any semblance of tactics and have pandered to the run and gun player. Notable exceptions are Skidrow and Terminal, but really who designed Underpass? Stevie Wonder! It would not be out of place on Halo (which I like) where you have a recharging shield.

The tactical player (or camper, I really could not give a fiddlers f**k what some guy with the IQ of paper cup calls me )deserves a few more maps that does not see you constantly either shot in the back or from above. Bring back Bog.

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

I'll wait atleast a month just to make sure there is no unbelievable glitches that come along with these new maps. I can only imagine the glitches a new map pack will unleash. People with too much time on their hands will find glitches than post youtube videos of them and we'll have thousands upon thousands of people doing them.

As for the price, I feel it's way too high for 5 maps. I'm very much against paying 15 dollars for 5 maps. I know it's not a lot of money, but some of us are in hard spots in our lives right now and 15 bucks for maps is something I don't have to spend. If IW/Activision wasn't so god damn greedy they would do what EA is doing with Bad Company 2 and release free map packs. That would be a reward for all the players who spent 60+ dollars on this game. It's one of the biggest sellers of all time and you're telling me they couldn't release the first map pack for free? Give me a break.
    camping

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time

Dont get me wrong mate. I couldnt agree with you more. But the trouble is that (just like the eighties) we are back to living in a world where "Greed is good". And we are judged by what we have in our wallets rather than our hearts.If I am the only person who buys the maps and therefore have no one to play them with then trust me, I will laugh merrily and chalk it down as a victory for the common man over corporate extortionists. Aint going to happen though.

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

I know man. I know there are quite a few people who are trying to rally a boycott of the map packs, but the reality is that a boycott will not work because regardless of how a lot of us feel, there will still probably be around 1 million sales of the map pack on launch day. If I wouldn't have purchased Bad Company 2, I would probably be one of the guys buying the map pack on release day. At this point though, I'd have to trade in one of my games to be able to purchase the map pack and I'm not sure if 5 maps are worth a FULL game. It would be nice if Microsoft would allow us to buy whatever amount of points we want and not have to buy set amounts on gift cards. To get the 1200 points, that forces you to spend 20 bucks for a 1600 point card. That is just shitty. I believe that PSN allows you to buy as many points as you want.
    camping

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    05:18 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

I took a break from MW2 because the game was just getting old. I was really eager for the new maps until I found out the price for them and what it contained. Are you serious! 5 maps 2 of which are remakes and are not what they should of focused on? Hell no! I will wait and if they don't come down in price soon, I just wont get them. I am tired of buying DLC for games just because everyone is doing so.

More power to the ones that buy them when they 1st come out, I for one can wait patiently while others realize that this was not a smart buy. DLC should be free for MW2 after all the bs we have gone through just to play the game on a decent status level. This game was incomplete to start off and the games made it unplayable for a few weeks as well.

I rather go get BC2 and get the free maps than reward IW for their poor effort that went into this game. Don't get me wrong I like MW2, but not enough to pay 15 bones for 5 maps.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 283,122,246
    Next Level: 305,690,101

This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    Forum Footmatt

Oh and Macleod, I finally sent you a friend request. Every time I've played in games with you I've forgotten to. So if you see a friend request from DroppinSuga on XBL, you know it's me.
    camping

Rep Points: 35
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time

they won't come down in price guys....hell the map pack for cod4 is still the same as it was when it came out just better off not buying them at all if yall are gonna wait....

CAG Dogg Level: 28 [?]
    Experience: 162,328
    Next Level: 195,661

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast