Call of Duty WW2
CAG Clan Forums Check In CAG on Facebook CAG on Twitter CAG YouTube CAG RSS Feed
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Birth of CAG, Our History

Discuss featured articles, topics from Games, Videos, Jokes, Stories & Entertainment here! News about XBOX, PS3, WII, Movies, Hollywood and Music can be found here. You can also share your favorite jokes and comic strips here as well!

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    11:26 PM
    Leader and Founder of CAG

Birth of CAG, Our History

CAG cheechdoggHi, I am CheechDogg Leader and Co-Founder of CAG. I want to personally welcome you to CAGCLAN.com, the official Headquarters of Combat Applications Group. Let me tell you a bit about who and what CAG and CAGCLAN.com is and how CAG was born, our Birth and History.

CAGCLAN.com is a Male and Female Gaming Community and home to CAG. CAG was founded in 2001 ghost reconand has gone through many personnel changes since. CAG's roots go back to 2000 on Counter Strike, 2002 on Ghost Recon for the regular XBOX and to 2002 on SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs on the PS2. That year with the release of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs, I (CheechDogg) quickly put together a small group named "RED CELL" which I lead under the name " Demo Dick". Due to the offensive nature of the name "Demo Dick", I had to change my XBL Gamertag and chose CheechDogg. In 2003 I lead Red Cell and began recruiting for the release of Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield on the XBOX. Within weeks Red Cell Members reached a total of 200 Members between Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals . We terrorized and completely dominated opposing teams by using real life tactics during games and because of the tactics we used, the term "Camping" started surfacing and was starting to get used by "THE NOOBS". We do not however claim to have started the word "CAMPING" but we sure did make it our trademark!socomIn 2004 Red Cell remained strong and united as we moved on to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Black Arrow and we continued to dominate our opponents. Red Cell started branching out with the release of 2K's Close Combat: First to Fight and in 2005 with the release of Rainbow Six: Lock Down, Red Cell began to split up into smaller "Sub-Clans" or "Cells". Animosity between each Sub-Clan and Cell began to create problems as many Members began to complain about their Leaders and Captains. Monitoring 200 plus Members was becoming quite difficult and frustrating for all of us and Red Cell would start showing signs of turmoil and disorganization.2005 was a very tumultuous year for Red Cell that saw many changes take place. Ghost Recon was quickly becoming a household name and pushing SOCOM and Rainbow Six out of the way. Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike quickly replaced Rainbow Six and SOCOM as the more popular game of the three. Ghost Recon: Summit Strike introduced the Clan system and integrated it into the game itself. Clans could now use Clan Tags and create Clans in the game as well. Before the end of the year another very popular game would hit the shelves by the name of America's Army. America's Army brought a whole new type of player to online gaming that included the "glitchers" and "moders".In 2005 while Red Cell was going through all its problems, I met Kilo61 while playing Rainbow Six Lockdown and started a 2nd Clan on the XBOX called "Delta". "Delta" became a Rainbow Six only Clan and quickly grew in numbers and became virtually impossible to beat. With over 200 members on XBOX alone and another 100 on PS2, "Delta" gained a very notorious reputation.In 2006 Delta would once again move together and united onto another Rainbow Six game, this time it was Rainbow Six: Critical Hour. This game however was not as popular as past Rainbow Six games and quickly made way in the Summer to Tom Clancy's new Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter.Before the end of 2006 with the release of Rainbow Six Vegas, Kilo61, Delta Fox Trot 2 and I met Hawk CFO, MP Dobroski and EliteHooah. Together we started "MP" a Clan that would become even more notorious than "Delta" and would reach more than 400 Members within the first month of the Rainbow Six Vegas release. MP however would not last before the next Rainbow Six came and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was released. A difference in play styles and personal matters prompted me to once again figure out a solution to keep the Core Members together and still united.It would not take us long to quickly agree on a new name for our Clan. Co-Founders Hawk CFO, YAEGEL and her Husband RANGERob80 suggested we use the name CAG which would first be known as Combat Action Group but was later changed to Combat Applications Group because of RANGERob80's real life affiliation with the U.S. Rangers. CAG is the name given to the United States Elite Special Forces known as "DELTA" and most of our Members had ties to the U.S. Military in real life.
    ghost recon 2With the release of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, CAG quickly became well known within the game itself and throughout the gaming Community. We became more than just a Clan, a Family first and foremost and we took no bullshit from anyone. Our mission during games was to totally dominate and destroy opponents by any means necessary. During the time Ghost Recon: AW 2 was out CAG never failed to fill up lobbies with CAG Members on both sides during games. It was CAG vs CAG on a daily basis and we had to host 2 lobbies most of the times.During this time I met ToxicBob who is now CAG's 2nd in Command and the most loyal comradeCAG toxicbob anyone could ask for. Without ToxicBob who is the voice of reason CAG would not be here today. ToxicBob and I have played together for over 6 years now through all the good and bad times and have seen CAG grow together.
    Ghost Recon: AW2 was not a game for everyone, we hosted games with no restrictions of 20 to 30 minutes long. We completed the Missions online together as a Clan and created new Allies and Enemies as well in the process. Our game of choice was Last Man Standing and the games were full of excitement and suspense. But that was then and this is now, CAG has had to adapt to the new games and type of gamers that games like the COD series have introduced to the gaming industry.
    Through the years CAG has grown and matured into a well established Clan that has helped spawn other Clans who have modeled themselves after CAG. The current fast paced games have caused many problems for CAG but nevertheless we have been able to keep CAG going when other Clans have folded within weeks or months of being created. We try to teach patience, sportsmanship and teamwork to all our members. This without a doubt has been our strength and the reason we are still going and we strongly believe CAG will be around for many more years to come.

Back to article
    Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; January 14th, 2013 at 02:59 AM.
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 283,130,296
    Next Level: 305,690,101

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    CAG Stud
    Rep Points: 670938
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    Leader and Founder of CAG

So I am going on 10 years of being a Clan Leader and man oh man has it been a long 9 years. For those of you who don't know, I couldn't of done it without CAG Toxic Bob. He has been with CAG since before it was CAG and has been the one person who I have been able to trust and turn to when times have gotten rough.

I hope you all have taken the time to read CAG's History, all the stuff that we have gone through and why CAG is so important to me. I have put so many years into this Clan and that is why I sometimes get frustrated when things are not going as planned. But with people like Toxic, Stormy, Knockers, Grizzly, Lucy, Donkey just to name a few, things are never as bad as I may think they are at that time.

So I just want to thank you all for being a part of CAG and for anyone interested in joining, don't hesitate to apply to join!
    cag clan cheechdogg

CAG Dogg Level: 72 [?]
    Experience: 283,130,296
    Next Level: 305,690,101

3. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG CheechDogg For This Fucking Post:

CAG ToxicBob (September 23rd, 2012),ZERO (May 30th, 2014)

Division:
    [XBOX 1, XBOX 360]
    Rep Points: 108487
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:26 AM
    2nd in Command & Co-Founder of CAG

And the most important part of all is we have fun playing together and busting each others stones. We are like a family. And you won't find a better bunch of people to play with. Thanks Cheech

CAG Dogg Level: 54 [?]
    Experience: 19,900,880
    Next Level: 22,308,442

5. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to CAG ToxicBob For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (July 14th, 2013),ZERO (May 30th, 2014)

Rep Points: 585
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 28th, 2024
    Local Time

I just wanted to say thank you for accepting me in CAG. I can see Im really gonna love it here and I like how organized everything is. I hope to get to know everyone here soon. Send me a friend request on Xbox live. OE xXLiQuiDXx Thanks again CAG Family.

CAG Dogg Level: 22 [?]
    Experience: 48,303
    Next Level: 49,025

Rep Points: 385
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    02:26 AM

I am very happy that I will be given a chance to join a clan with such a storied and long history. I myself have no military experience but have played a lot of strategy and F'S games and hope that will bring some value on my part to CAG.

CAG Dogg Level: 20 [?]
    Experience: 26,427
    Next Level: 29,658

8. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to chewphoria For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (May 30th, 2014),NuT jOb (May 30th, 2014)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 202790
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

this is officially the oldest thread i've ever seen bumped.

CAG Dogg Level: 59 [?]
    Experience: 47,431,780
    Next Level: 47,989,448

10. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to BlameItOnGod13 For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (May 30th, 2014),CAG JB (May 30th, 2014)

Rep Points: 10046
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    06:26 AM

Just read this and wow long history you dont find many teams/clans last as long as CAG and like an old team i played with Team Alpha 7 it seemed to really start with rainbow six

BLAM! Shit just got real BRO!!

CAG Dogg Level: 40 [?]
    Experience: 1,854,270
    Next Level: 2,111,327

12. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to ZERO For This Fucking Post:

CAG CheechDogg (May 30th, 2014),CAG JB (May 30th, 2014),PATRON (May 30th, 2014)

Rep Points: 0
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    10:26 PM
    I was a Bitch and got Banned

Lol Toxics Pic always gets to me

Be A Victim Or Be On The Roster

CAG Dogg Level: 57 [?]
    Experience: 31,239,625
    Next Level: 35,467,816

14. The Following 3 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to PATRON For This Fucking Post:

BlameItOnGod13 (May 30th, 2014),CAG CheechDogg (May 30th, 2014),NuT jOb (May 30th, 2014)

Division:
    [XBOX 1]
    Rep Points: 202790
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 29th, 2024
    Local Time
    Co-Leader

yeah i don't know how Cheech got a hold of his mugshot.

CAG Dogg Level: 59 [?]
    Experience: 47,431,780
    Next Level: 47,989,448

16. The Following 2 Users Said Fucking Hell Yeah ! to BlameItOnGod13 For This Fucking Post:

NuT jOb (May 30th, 2014),PATRON (May 30th, 2014)

Rep Points: 45509
    This member is currently
    Local Date
    September 28th, 2024
    Local Time
    09:26 PM
    XBOX One Division Member

Wow! I just realized I gamed with you on Socom, Cheech! That's awesome how the gaming world is just as small as the real world. I sure do miss that game, it was one of the better ones.

Pondered upon a rainy plateau, with a stone coal forge, and many dragon.
    iForge

CAG Dogg Level: 47 [?]
    Experience: 6,618,822
    Next Level: 7,172,237

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast